Quake III Arena help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake III Arena help

i have installed tha latest q3 patch along with the new g400 bios and the latest powerdesk . now upon starting either a single player or multiplayer game of q3 goes through the normal procedure then when it comes to the time to opening screen should be in view i get shoved back to desktop in a very low res and a very bright screen .
    any body have any ideas ?

thanks

have you tried increasing your AGP aperture size to see if it makes any difference?

Comment

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Which driver are you using ... full ICD or TurboGL? I've found that swapping drivers fixes this problem for me after a new video driver install. I believe it has to do with the "last valid renderer" parm in the Q3A .cfg file.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I dunno, but every time I install new drivers Q3 will freeze until I delete the q3a.cfg file. Fun fun fun. Oh well.

(I prefer UT anyways.)

Comment

i assume the full icd

Description of release
            Supports Win9x and WinME only.
            ICD included. <---
            TurboGL not supported.
            Overclocker not supported.

how can i switch betweem icd and turbogl ?

Comment

Pathogen, this thread should assist you http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004600.html

Comment

vanguardian1, deleting the .cfg resets the r_lastValidRenderer parm so it would be similar to changing drivers (current driver is different than saved value). Pathogen ... you can try deleting the .cfg or just try resetting the parm ... seta r_lastValidRenderer "" (haven't tried this myself).

If you want to play with TurboGL, you'll need to download it from Matrox and install it into your game directories.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

well it would seem it was either pak4.pk3 or pak5.pk3 , i reinstalled and got running in single player mode with 1.17 and pdesk 6.21 , everything else works it took my autoexec.cfg fine and it came down to elimination . dont know why they didnt work but theyre trashed now

thanks everybody .

Comment

Actually,that's the very same problem that my bros system has been having,but in his case the system had just been reformated,so there can't be any driver conflicts.

Here's what i've tried so far:

different irq's(9,10,11)... the same thing still happends.

different agp aperture sizes...again no dice.

THe video card itself isn't sharing any irq with anything else(execpt for pci steering).

I also flashed the card(g400 max)with the latest bios.

I'm using the latest 6.21 drivers.

I also made sure that the motherboard bios settings relating to the video card,are set according to matrox's own recomendations(video bios,irq to vga,etc...).

Checked and double checked to see that the card itself was properly inserted and that windows itself is recognizing it properly.

Made sure that all the individual drivers files(in the driver properties box)were all related to the 6.21 driver set

The funny thing is that if q3 doesn't lock up imediately after i start,it won't at all and will run the game for hours on end with no problems whatsoever.

And so far,he doesn't have any other problems in either windows or any other game,just q3.

Weird....

Here's a description of his system:

asus p2b-f
                    p3 800(no overclock)
                    128 meg
                    linksys network card
                    sound blaster pci 128
                    G400 max.

Any ideas???....

[This message has been edited by superfly (edited 01 January 2001).]
                    note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
                    P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Working...
                    X