Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freedom: First Resistance does not support G400!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freedom: First Resistance does not support G400!!?

Hi,

Í just got Freedom: First Resistance and the game is totally unplayable

I'm seeing black screens in most of the game parts (videos, map screens, equipment screens). I do hear the sounds of the videos but just don't get the visuals.

In the readme.txt i found the following:

3.2. List of 3D cards with known issues

To play Freedom: First Resistance, you should have a supported 3D card installed and all of your sound, video, and system drivers should be up to date. Visit the Freedom Supported 3D Cards FAQ at http://www.redstorm.com/support for a full list of supported cards. If your card is not on this list, then you may need to consider upgrading before playing Freedom: First Resistance. Some unsupported cards with known issues are:

- ATI Rage Pro
    This card is not supported and does not work with the game.

- ATI Radeon
    You may experience flashing text or graphics with this card if you use the standard drivers for this card. If you have Windows 98, try using the appropriate special purpose drivers available from www.ati.com.

- Matrox G200, G400 video cards
    You may see incorrect graphics or missing graphics in some areas. The workaround for this is to run the game in a window. To do this, open the configure Freedom utility and select the option to run the game in a window.
    I've tried the windowed mode workaround, but the game is unplayable in that mode. I get weird colors, unreadable text and it just doesn't play good in an small window on an big monitor.

I have the latest drivers and bios for my G400 MAX and i am using WinME.

Reading the readme.txt part i conclude that the G400 is UNSUPPORTED so i guess until Matrox comes with an solution i can throw away the cd??

Anyone with ideas? Really need some help on this one

Michel.
    PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Its kind of disturbing to see a lot of newer games that have some serious issues with the G400 cards, especially when the MAX is Matrox's most recent gaming card. I mean, the card has been around long enough, and the drivers have matured enough that you'd think the games should look perfect, even if they play slower.
    I'm not bashing M or the G400s, I'm just getting concerned that my MAX isn't going to work properly with games soon.

Comment

we actually discovered what was going on with the game, apparently they have Anti-Aliasing on even the video is playing, and the way we do anti-aliasing is different. That explains why it doesn't happen in a window, i have notified Red Storm about this issue and will try and get a fix ASAP....

Regards,

------------------
      "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."
      "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

I've tried to run the game with the latest drivers (6.21) and i see the missing graphics in full screen mode now. However the game looks the same as it looked in windowed mode: Terrible!!!

see screenshot:

Did the 6.21 drivers had any fixes or should i wait a little longer?

Michel
        PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Michel, ROM is in charge of Matrox Developer relations. Since he has spoken to Red Storm, I'd would be waiting a bit for them to fix/address this issue.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe: huh? How did you manage to post the same message twice with over an hour between the 2?????

UBB Board flakey again?

Update: appearantly the board IS flakey, since I didn't post this second message

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 05 January 2001).]

Comment

Michel, ROM is in charge of Matrox Developer relations. Since he has spoken to Red Storm, I'd would be waiting a bit for them to fix/address this issue.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe: huh? How did you manage to post the same message twice with over an hour between the 2?????

UBB Board flakey again?

Comment

Working...
                  X