Diablo2 crashes - G400D.DLL at fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo2 crashes - G400D.DLL at fault

Any help here? I'm running the display driver version 5.00.2195.1060 (1.06.031) that came with the 5.06 PowerDesk under Win2K with a Marvel G400-TV. I'm tempted to gripe about lack of Marvel G400 support but that's for the SoapBox forum.

Seemingly at random while I play Diablo2 I get BSOD it points to G400D.DLL 99% of the time. I've read other posts about this happening with other Direct3D games. Any help out there? What should I do?

P3-500 (not OC'd)
    Windows 2000 Advanced Server (I already explained why I run it in another thread)
    256MB PC100 RAM
    Supermicro MB w/ dual-channel onboard SCSI (BIOS revision)
    Seagate and Quantum HDDs
    Matrox G400-TV vid card

Thanks in advance

I've never had a crash because of that file in Diablo 2.... are you running D2 in 2d or 3d?

Comment

Doh! I meant to clarify that I was indeed running Direct3D mode with "perspective" set to OFF.

Comment

do you have Dx8 installed?
        have you tried uninstalling the drivers then reinstalling them?

Comment

Only thing I can say is that it works great here, but that's on a G400MAX with the W2K 5.12 drivers. :/ No crashes at all, with 3D at default settings.
          P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Aye, never had any problems with Diablo II on my system except....
            The graphics are bland and dated and the game doesn't say 'play me again' to me, other than that all is fine
            It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
            Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

*bump*

WTF happened to the boards?

Comment

ayoub - nope, DX7 I believe. I guess I should grab 8.

Why the fork won't Matrox spit out some certified drivers for the Marvel G400?

Comment

Mann Fantastic, you don't even know what "certified drivers" are do you?!
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Er, maybe not? I thought that they were Matrox drivers that had progressed past beta, were solidly official, and then WHQL certified by MS to work with a particular OS.

Am I *that* wrong?

Maybe it's not Matrox's fault but instead MS's that no solid Marvell drivers exist.

Please enlighten me, Mr. Moderator.

Comment

MS Certified means MS has had them long enough to test them out. Certification can sometimes take months.

Get the "latest" drivers for the G400 series.

- Gurm

------------------
                      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

Thanks Gurm - nice sig BTW. ("Who wants some? You wanna little? Huh?")

You say the "G400 Series," will Millenium drivers work with the Marvel?

Comment

Mann Fantastic:

Some particular releases of the Millennium drivers will do funky things to your Marvel Video tools. But yes they will all "work". If you aren't using the video tools then they will work just fine.

- Gurm

------------------
                          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                          X