Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR Chronicles @ G400

Hi
    I used to run this game on my system, AMD K3-400, Gigabyte GA-5AX, 196mb ram and a 16mb Matrox SH G400 Millenium but recently it refuses to get past the loading screen. Anybody got any ideas what's wrong.
    Jab

a few more details about your system could help (drivers, settings, list of IRQs etc.)
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Using WinME and I've tried the following drivers: PD 6.10,6.23 and at the moment I'm running on 5.55 because of Alice and GLSetup (Why does TurboGL not deal with this). I used to be able to run it up to the max 1024 x 768 at 32 and there seems to be no IRQ conflicts.
      Jab

Comment

First off completely remove GLSetup drivers... the ones from Matrox are far better. TGL doesn't work with PD 6.xx drivers.

Also there is a patch for Alice. I'd post the link but don't have it handy at the moment.

Anyone care to link him up?
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Greebe:
          First off completely remove GLSetup drivers... the ones from Matrox are far better. TGL doesn't work with PD 6.xx drivers.

Also there is a patch for Alice. I'd post the link but don't have it handy at the moment.

Anyone care to link him up?
          </font>
          Did Do and installed 6.23, Alice just ran and no more, no backgrounds but worse of all this is when I discovered TR V didn't work either. Thanks for the info on TL, what the other GL now?
          Jab

Comment

Hi

Just in case your interested I've managed to fic both my TR V & Alice problems.

Firstly TRV, this was down to Sound Drivers, I re-installed them and it worked.

Regards Alice I dumped GLsetup, cleaned out the old drivers and re-installed 6.23. Still had problems with textures but then I found this tip on Matrox's own forums (pure luck)

If the textures are black edit the .cfg file in the Alice directory to this

seta r_ext_compiled_vertex_array "0"
            to
            seta r_ext_compiled_vertex_array "1"

I did so and it was a sucess, now I'm a happy bunny.

Jab

Comment

Well as for the busted textures in Alice, I was going to suggest that fix after you resolved the other major issues.

Glad you got it all resolved
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X