Bleem Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleem Crashes

I just installed bleem 1.5b. Everytime I try to start a game, bleem freezes. This happens when i get an error message saying that some video sequences will not play. Is thier any way around this so i can at least play the game. The intial screens of the game will play fine, but as soon as i actually start the play of the game it freezes. So far i tried Coolboarders 2 and Teken. Here is some info on my system. Also I already checked to see if my Soundblaster Live and G400 were same irq. They arent. My G400 and Network card were, i disabled my network card and still have same problem.

AMD Athlon 600mhz
    Windows ME
    128mb PC100 Ram
    Matrox G400 MAX 32mb Dual Head -->newes driver
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    Kenwood 54x True X EIDE
    Creative Labs 6424 CDRW EIDE
    20gig Western Digital Hard Drive EIDE
    Microsoft Sidewinder Game Pad Pro USB
    Iomega Zip 100 IDE

Any help would be great
    Athlon 600mhz
    Matrox G400 MAX Duel Head
    5.30 drivers
    Sound Blaster Live Value
    Windows 98 SE

Were you hoping for something MORE constructive than "Bleem sucks"?

I'm not just being mean - Bleem is astonishingly poorly coded.

Their official line is that they don't support Win2k and have no plans to since it's "a business OS". The truth is that they code so badly that the program isn't even a true Win32 app.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Something slightly more usefull is...

www.psxemu.com

There are several good alternitives to bleam!

ePSXe
      FPSE

both good both share the anoyances of PSEmu Pro's plugin system ( and it's benifits, pete rules!)
      K63+550/192M/SCSI/G400Max

Comment

Gurm, be nice to the poor UPer. They have very hard winters and ultra short summers.

If you don't have something constructive to say, then just keep still. Or better yet, go write an app like it yourself. That way we can all hail the mighty Gurm!

That is if it runs flawless, otherwise we'll just piss on your parade like you are so fond of doing!
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Screw Bleem. Just go for ePSXe, it rocks. Get the complete set from
          http://www.psxemu.com or http://www.epsxe.com
          and when configuring drivers, use Petes DirectX6 D3D gfx plugin for the G400. Be sure to use DX6 plugin, its for the Matrox cards only. BTW, you need to get a PSX bios, go to http://www.multimania.com/xux7/

------------------
          Seth, are you ok ?
          I`m peachy, Kate. The world is my oyster.
          Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Greebe,

Don't start with me. Bleem is poor, end of story. When freeware programs are better than your $50 wonder, you deserve all the hacking on you get.

Bleem fails to run properly on a myriad of systems. You need a separate version for AMD than you do for Intel. Each patch breaks the one before it. They're as bad as nVidia, only their piss-poor software is their only product.

Other people here have suggested PSEmu. I concur. There are several fine freeware or shareware emulators.

Bleem is just broken, period.

As for me pissing on everything - everything that is broken and hailed as the next big thing, yes I do.

- Gurm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
            X