No announcement yet.

win2k refresh rates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and as to how much lower it allows as opposed to how much your monitor can really withstand, 8 is well within reason of most OSD's protection.

Rags

Comment

yea. It wouldn't give my the warning at up to 84hz. But one more notch to 85, it give the damn thing. But its all fixed now.

------------------
      P3V4X | P3 650@897 | Matrox G400@171/233 | Viewsonic 17" E771 | 256 mb ram | Maxtor DiamondMax+ 40 | SB Live Value | Altec Lansing ACS45.2 | Win2k
      Primary system specs:
      Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Why should I be careful? You can go past that limit anyhow using monitor settings, it just won't allow you to use them in games. I think that's stupid, I say if a guy wants his refresh rate to be 85 Hz, win2k shouldn't care.</font>
        What I meant is that people should be carefull not running their monitor _unwantedly_ at refresh rates beyond their specifications for a long period just because they overlooked that a service pack changed Win2k's behaviour and they applied the fix.. that's all

I understand that 8 is within what the protection allows often (though mine switches off directly when I use one Hz over specifications ). The question was what the exact behaviour of win2k was (if it read out the .inf monitor timings incorrectly, like say it uses a horizontal refresh 8 lower than specified as a max. I was just curious if you knew this

Comment

Working...
        X