I need an RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an RPG

So, I've been bored with my computer, and realized that I haven't played a good RPG in a while. The Final Fantasy series, Arcana, Dragon Warror, etc.

What should I play? And where can I find it?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Have you tried Baldus Gate ? www.baldursgate.com

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Yeah, the Baldur's Gate series is quite good. The battle enging is quite differant from tradtional RPGs so it takes some getting used to however.

Comment

I recomend starting with Baldurs Gate 1 and Tales of the swords coast! That way you will enjoy Baldurs Gate 2 more!

------------------
        Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless..

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

How bout Final Fantasy 8? The cut scenes make this game special. And they're higher res than on the PSX versions.

And the gameplay itself aint' bad, good story.
          P3 650@897 | Matrox G400 32mb SH @ 175/233 | 128mb PC133 | SB Live | winME

Comment

It depends on what kind of RPG's you like. I love a lot of RPG's but Baulder's Gate never caught my interest (Nor anything that's like D&D).

If you like Zelda type Rpg's, try Silver (for PC).
            Final Fantasy 7 is great, 8 is ok, 9 (I'm almost to the end, on the last disc) is pretty good also.
            My fav RPG's are Final Fantasy Tactics and Xenogears. Fighting the Demon of Elru (Xenogears) is something else, I'll tell ya...
            read = EXTREME PAIN

x,x

Comment

2 very good rpgs will have to be Fallout 2, and Planescape Torment. These are without a doubt the games Ive ever played - highly recommendable.
              System:
              Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
              AMD Thunderbird 800
              SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
              Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
              LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
              IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
              Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
              WinME
              directx 8.0a
              384mb pc133

Comment

I would have to agree with Grego, those are two of the best games ever in my opinion.
                Good examples of a brilliant story and character development making up for graphical whizz-bangerey.

Also have a look at Deus Ex and System Shock 2, if you like a futuristic feel.

------------------
                "You win again gravity!"

Comment

if you want to really get into a game, play planescape torment. it has quite a lot of text to read, but it was the best game i played since jedi-knight, and the first game i played through since jedi knight as well.

Comment

I know you like FPSs as well, so how about Deus Ex? Kickass combo of role-playing and action.

-Rahul
                    Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
                    Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

Comment

Imbeciles! *whip* *whip* The best computer based roleplaying game ever was Wasteland on the C64. Fallout is only a whimpy copy of this devine game and it's still the best the PC has to offer. If it must be fantasy play Knights of Legend! Do it. Do it now!

Argh! My intellect is far superior to yours. I will you to oblivion! Argh!

Comment

Argh! I will you to read about Wasteland at

and download it at

http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/users...wasteland.html

Read about Knights of Legend at

http://cow.chicoweb.com/retro/review...f_legend.shtml

and download it at

http://towmotor.net/c64/games/k/files/kolegend.zip

Of course you need a C64 emulator. Argh! Do it. Do it now. You Imbeciles. Argh!

Comment

"Six of One"?

As in the sex android from "Tripping the Rift"?

- Gurm

------------------
                          Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

Hey Gurm, sadly i don't know the movie (it is a movie? please...), but being a sex android sounds interesting. Actually it's more "6 of 1, half a dozen of the other"

The Shizoid Man

Comment

C64 ehh? What about Ultima 1-5 and Legacy of the Ancients? Zork 1 - 3...

My favorite RPG's happen to be on the Super Nintendo...ChronoTrigger, FF3, etc...

George

...I come from a time when the C-64 Scene was the sh*t lol...God, I must have had like 3000+ disks full of stuff.... Ohh how I miss those times, but a good emulator makes me feel at home

Comment

Working...
                              X