No announcement yet.

HalLife, Win2K, G400 and 5.52 drivers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HalLife, Win2K, G400 and 5.52 drivers..

Well, I made the jump to Windows 2000, I've installed SP2 and DirectX8, and am using the 5.52 drivers on my G400-DH....

Anyway, I can start a game in HalfLIfe in Direct3D mode, but if I press Esc to get back to a menu, the screen blanks and I have to give the three-fingered salute to kill HL. Is there anything I might do about this? I upgraded from Win98SE, and it ran fine...

I saw in another thread something about running AGP in 1x mode - could that make a difference?

Other info:

Abit KT7-RAID
    Via Chipset 4in1 drivers (v431)

Try running the game in OpenGL mode, that's what it's written for. It D3D support is spotty at best.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hey, didn't I see a post by Rags that said the same thing before you posted yours, Kruzen?

Casey

Comment

We posted at the same time, but his was a 2 word post, not explaining why, so I dumped his worthless post in favor of my more informative one
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
          We posted at the same time, but his was a 2 word post, not explaining why, so I dumped his worthless post in favor of my more informative one
          I noticed it wasn't very informative, just wondered that's all.

Casey

Comment

Yeah......you must take the OpenGL Mode in HL or CS!
            D3D is so bad within this game!

I´ve played CS on W98 or ME without any problems in OpenGl, but now i changed to Win2K and its not that funny anymore

My probem: My system hangs after a while......(locks up!).......can be after 5 seconds or 5 minutes...

=(

Crississy

Comment

Hmmmm

now don't I feel silly.....eh, do I need to download a spare DLL or tweak something for HalfLife (I think I the G200 required something for OPenGL, don't know about the G400). Or does the 5.52 driver pack contain all that I need?

Before you ask, I'm at work and unable to try the game at the moment...so while I can't play games here, I can at least use my company's phat pipe to download stuff for my games!

Comment

The only things you have to do are: Uncheck "extend my desktop to this monitor" in display properties, and then open HL, choose OpenGL as your video mode. It should work fine.

Rags

Comment

I find the certified 5.32 win2k drivers to work the best for me at the moment. They're plenty fast. Where it's slower, it's only slower by a few frames at most. And I find everything to work best w/ them (no annoying bilinear filtering bug).
                  Primary system specs:
                  Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

I found that too. Use openGL mode. If it doesn't work you need to copy the OPENGL32.DLL from you \WINNT\Sys32 (I think) folder into the root of your half life folder. That should allow oGL to work.

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany
                      I found that too. Use openGL mode. If it doesn't work you need to copy the OPENGL32.DLL from you \WINNT\Sys32 (I think) folder into the root of your half life folder. That should allow oGL to work.
                      You don't need to do that. There should be NO opengl32.dll in your HL folder whatsoever under win2k.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                      X