LoD, act 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoD, act 5

I've recently installed the Expansion Set of Diablo II, and I converted my old character on Battle.net into an Expansion character. But, when my character enters the fist wilderness of the Act, he says something and 5 seconds later, the screen freezes, the music continues to play, the windows cursor appears (I can move it), and I have to click randomly on the screen to return to Windows 98.

HELP ME!!

I have a Matrox Marvel G200-TV,
    a Pentium III 650 MHz

If you want to know more on my PC, ask me...

Thanks!
    Last edited by MoShPiT; 8 July 2001, 15:49.

I've reinstalled it, and now, i've got a similar problem: the screen, instead of freezing, closes and a message pop-ups: "This file contains corrupt data: d2exp.mpq" or something like this...

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!

Comment

GET AN OTHER GRAPHICS CARD !!!

Jokes aside. I don't know what the problem is.

Is anybody else experiencing the same problems (it could be hardware). Are both of you running the game with a g200 maybe???

And report exactly which settings you are running, (does it depend on the resolution, etc, etc)

Drivers..., tell us everything.

Comment

Is 3D mode enabled. Act 5 uses a whole hell of a lot of special effects that brings my Kyro II, PIII 750 w/ 512 MB RAM to it's knees at points. If you're having troubles, go into the video mode and make sure you're running on 2D mode.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I have experienced freezes perhaps 3 times, but I have also been playing in act5 for perhaps 15-20 hrs, so I dont think its a big problem, although it is extremely annoying when it does happen.

When my game freezes its always when there is a lot of action, which makes me think its a bug in the game, or something related to battle.net. Ill try to look into it.
          System:
          Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
          AMD Thunderbird 800
          SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
          Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
          LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
          IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
          Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
          WinME
          directx 8.0a
          384mb pc133

Comment

I know it's annoying, but me it's happening ALL THE TIME... I don't even saw a monster...

But what does "data file is corrupted" means anyway... why would a datafile be corrupted??

Comment

maybe something weird happened when you installed the latest patch from b.net? I would try doing a complete reinstall and see if that doesnt do the trick - otherwise try contacting blizzard.
              System:
              AMD Thunderbird 800
              Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
              IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
              Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
              WinME
              directx 8.0a
              384mb pc133

Comment

I reinstalled it about 5-6 time, I swear... I'm so annoyed... I play on battle.net, so I've got to install the last patch to play... I've converted my character, he was Sir, and now he's nothing and I can't play on Nightmare until I beat Baal, but I can't, Act V doesn't work... anyways... I'd be happy if someone had or has the same problem and can help me...

Comment

I have no idea what the problem is - I've been playing the expansion quite a bit in the last few weeks and never a crash.

I would scan for viruses, defrag, uninstall, then reinstall. Run in DirectDraw mode, not D3D - it's faster and I haven't noticed anything different.

Word of warning though - Act 5 has a billion monsters on screen at the same time - my machine (specs below) tends to chug quite a bit when they all first appear - maybe you're just never recovering from that...

Being the D2x whore that I've become, I can almost feel your pain at not being able to play.

Good luck.
                  PIII 550@605
                  IWill Motherboard VD133
                  VIA Chipset
                  512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
                  G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
                  DirectX 8.0a
                  SB Live! Value
                  8x DVD (Toshiba)
                  6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
                  Intel Pro/100+ NIC
                  3Com CMX Cable Modem
                  Optiquest V95 19"
                  HP 812C Color Ink Jet
                  Microtek flatbed scanner
                  Intellimouse Explorer
                  Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
                  AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

The problem is the patch... I tried a hacked Single-Player character in Act V with V.1.07 and it works!!! But that doesn't solve my problem, i'm on Battle.net...

Comment

there are several known bugs with 1.08 among other the extremely annoying tp-bug! Im sure a new patch will see the light of day very soon, unfortunately the only option is try and be patient
                      System:
                      AMD Thunderbird 800
                      Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
                      IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
                      Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
                      WinME
                      directx 8.0a
                      384mb pc133

Comment