Guaranteed Lockups...Mmmm Matrox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing

A long timeago I thouht it was a heat problem aswell so I inserted 2 new fans, opened the case and blew another bigass one into the case. It still happened, so right now purchased I have a more ventilated case and I frequently check the temp (it's always very cool). I put the end of a Q-tip gently onto the fan to see if it was working and yes it is.

Right now i've done what rags suggested and it appears to be working sofar. I'll post back if anything pops up again.
    However there is one thing I cant get to work. The IRQs for the G400 and the SBLive always seem to be the same. I've tried every PCI slot and even tried forcing the IRQ to a different one in the BIOS but the G400 always seems to follow suit...As long as it's not freeing right now I have no problem with that

Sry for being so pissy earlier, thx guys

Steve

Comment

What you will have to do to get an IRQ for your G400 is force the lowest numbered PCI IRQ assignment in your bios to 9, 10, or 11, whichever you like. This will put your G400 on that IRQ. Then put the according PCI slot IRQ assignment that coincides with your SB Live placement to an IRQ 9, 10, or 11, whichever the G400 or another device isn't using. This should get your IRQs separated.

Rags

PS, keep us posted on how it does.

Comment

Working...
      X