No announcement yet.

Mechwarrior 4+Matrox G400 SH=Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eYup, in 3D, 24bit color depth isn't hardware accellerated.

Glad to hear you finally got it
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Gauss rifles are nice, but I configured a lancemate catapult as a missile base. A salvo of 50-60 LRMs tends to knock down most lighter mechs. Then I get to PPC them
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I love this game. Sitting here at work dreaming about going home so I can play some league games. The expansion pack comes out Nov. 2nd. I don't really care about the single player as much as I want the new mechs and new multiplayer maps I can't get enough ofthis game. My wife hates me and wishes death upon the mechwarrior world. She calls herself a mech widow.

I love the feeling of coming over a hill with an assault mech and looking at the enmy mech squirm from the site of me. At this point, an Alpha Strike is complete satisfaction. I have an MK2 that carries 4 LRM20's, 1 LRM10, 1 ErLarge, 1LightGuass with Reactive or Reflective armor. It also has BAP(allows you to lock onto enemy quicker and see further), Jump Jets and LAMS(Laser anit missle system). I chain fir the missles and the enemy mech barely has a chance to get a good shot off on me. The jump jets really help a lot. ooohhh! I need to play damn it!

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

btw, if anyone from murc is interested in playing, let me know. I play in the Mechwarrior Vengeance League @ www.mw4vl.com .
          I play with Clan Diamond Shark @ www.diamondshark.net . To join our clan the most important thing is attitude and maturity. We do not tolerate people who can't handle the rules. Although we always strive for winning(we are currently in 10th out of 100+) it is not our primary goal. So let me know....

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Well, we'll see when I complete the single-player campaign. Right now I'm trying to capture a convoy.

The Sidewinder2 arrives tomorrow.

I still like to load up with PPCs and heat sinks. Once you have two or more PPCs, the heat alone causes significant damage to the target.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Woohoo! The FedEx guy dropped my joystick off at work. I can't wait to try it out. I'll save those prisoners!

And now I'm torn: an Awesome with three gorgeous PPCs, or the Mauler I've been using with a Clan Gauss, Light Gauss, 4 ERMed, and some LRMs. Hmmm. I'll probably have to save that Awesome for colder climates.

Comment

I love this game as much as you 2 I also have a MechWidow that hates it. Well, she says she hates it, sometimes I dunno. My cat also misses me so much that she crawls up on my lap for those longer sessions of Mech4.

I, on the other hand, don't take Assaults very much at all. I am a light or med pilot primarily. Or a Thor sometimes. When I see ya cresting the hill in your mighty(slow) Daishi, I grin with unholy glee and dance around ya, smackin with twin ERL until you fall down and go boom. Well,not always, some guys are pretty good shots. Hehe. Then I fall down and go boom. Hehe, and Osiris is only 25 tons and has paper thin armour. But I have had one game with 9 kills/3 deaths in one. It was a half hour game on MST-Clan Trials. Great game. I was public enemy number1!! Never died at all till about 5 min left. Then it was everyone on the other side against me or so it seemed.

Serious fun tho. I am a Captain in the Kell Hounds, and we play in NBT4. We just had a battle with CDS. I think. It was on Thanksgiving, so I didnt get to go.

About ERPPCs. I like em too, just the recharge rate is too slow. In multiplayer the damage is a bit inconsistant. But in single player, I did almost the whole campaign with an Uziel with 2ERPPCs and as many heat sinks as I could find. Great fun. Cept in the desert. Owch.
                AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Hehe ... for single player, Twin Gauss Rifles + LBX AC10 , plus some Med Lasers (or ERMed, depends on the climate ), or 4-6 Med Lasers + twin LBX AC20, and STRK SRM6 as a fill-in weapon ... (this all is ofcourse for the final Op in the city) ...

Multiplayer, i dont know, i havent played much, but i made some good kills with an Argus, LBX AC20 + LBX AC10 + 2 Med lasers ...
                  Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

I'm really getting to be a gauss fan. I guess I'm a sniper at heart, in HL, or DeusEx, or MW2 even.

Even with the keyboard, I'm getting to the point with the gauss rifles that I can blow cockpits with regularity. That's what I must be doing, I guess. I never saw Uziels, Cougars, or Argus twist up and go down so fast.

Comment

Okay, just tried the LBX. Don't really like it. I'll stick with Gauss.

Playing the first urban mission. That Atlas really wears me down.

Personal opinion: The throttle on the joystick sucks. I can think of a couple of ways to get it under my right hand. I just stopped using that throttle altogether.

Comment

Well the LBX AC20 does do 24pts pf damage at close range ...

Comment

Yeah, but getting that close wasn't worth it for me. I take a lot of damage too.

I'd rather have the range. And if I do happen to get that close, I'd rather use lasers and Gauss to target specific body parts.

Comment

Don't forget, two lbx10's are much better than one LBX20 for the simple fact that the LBX10's reload faster.

Dave

Comment

Yeah, but 2 LBX10s weigh 20 tons (clan versions ofcourse), and a LBX20 weighs 12 tons (clan). A good combo is LBX10 + LBX20 (less damage, but you`ll fire "out of sync", even in group fire mode ... ), and then you can add a couple of med lasers ...

One idea i`ve heard, but not tried, is to mount one ERPPC (clan) and one IS PPC ... that way you can actually fire them as soon as they recycle, and not run into overheating trouble very quickly ...

I`m not a sniper, and not a dogfighter eighter ... thats why i always have a mix of short & long range weapons ... i start at long range, close in, knock him a bit with a powerfull short range weapon (LBX), circle a bit, move away, then long range, then close in etc ...

Comment

well, the weapons you choose really depend on 3 things: Map, day or night, and fog. Once those are established then one can choose the proper weapons. Actually, there are two more things(what mech & what your wing's mech will be) but I don't want to get too detailed.
                                In my experience, taking 5 lbx10's over 3 or 4 lbx20' seems to be a better choice.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X