No announcement yet.

What OS to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed WinXP Pro and I´m amazed... for now! It´s fast, apparently stable, and it runs Baldur´s Gate!

Comment

That is not all.

I can play CS @ 1024*768 and have reasonble framrates, at least 40 fps.
      Much more than 10

If only matrox could give us something faster then G400MAX...

I can only tell u what i know, Windows XP is the best windows yet. (i hate to say it, i am a linux fan an all but it is true)

Well, that is a fact... I now know what to use so this topic is dying.

Comment

I have just got rid of XP and put 2K back on.
        Yeah it was pretty and quite nippy too, but I had a few hardware issues that my modem manufactorers couldn't resolve...

I will wait until SP1 is out and then I will try it again.
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Still loves it...

but I have another problem... can't unlock my processor on my motherboard... but this is not the right forum for it, so head over there and se... general that is...

/C-A

Comment

<b>What??

Greebe recommending Win2k?

I thought Win2k was the devil??

amish </b>

No Greebe is the Devil, don't cross him

Comment

Actually with the compatibility mode you can run ANY game from the W95 days in XP.. games that just wont start in W2k will work in XP with this feature turned on
              A common misconception. That feature is available even after XP went gold for win2k. The file (strangely) is not included on sp2 but you can download it from Microsoft. It inserts registry entries to ensure compatibility with like 160+ apps (mostly games) and allows the so touted "XP compatibility mode" on win2k. Just create a shortcut and select "win95 compatibility mode"

Great to install a couple of games that refuse to install under "NT" and to run a half-dozen of others that deliberatly don´t run under win2k (like many E.A. titles).

With SoundFX (a third party utility) that creates a virtual machine emulating a Soundblaster 16 on DOS you can even play DOS games with sound on win2k. All the Monkey Island series (specially I and II - pure DOS apps) come to mind.

Go to Microsoft site and search for appupd.exe

Better yet, here´s the link...

It´s actually a bit more complicated to find that it used to be. I wonder why...
              Last edited by Nuno; 21 November 2001, 08:30.

Comment

Request from a friend of mine, any luck with system shock 2 under winxp?

thanks Dan
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Try this link:

Search for System Shock 2

Comment

Working...
                  X