Aussies Ban GTA 3!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussies Ban GTA 3!!!

The country of Australia caught GTA 3 and threw it's ass in jail, effectively banning the gratuitously violent and very fun criminal run-and-gun game. This seems to be a common trend, as the game is simply 'too violent' for people.
    Take Two Interactive - the creators of GTA 3 - said that they modify the game, but haven't said what or how much they will.

It's a shame to see this happen, because games have ratings for a reason. Honestly, parental control is far better than simply banning a fun game. This is a game I can't wait to come out for the PC.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Sounds like the German version of RtCW, or way way back Carmageddon.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

GTA 3 is lots of fun. I played it on my friends PS2 for a couple
      of hours just causing fights, running people over, car-jacking, etc.
      when my friend says "Aren't you trying to do any of the mission
      objectives?". I said "There's missions in this game?". LOL

Comment

It's a Ratings Problem...

The main problem is the fact that in Australia, we have different rating systems for film etc and video games.

Film has G8+, PG12+, M15+, MA15+, R18+ to choose from.

Video Games have G8+, PG12+, M15+ , MA15+ & RC(Refused Classification)

So, unfortunately, when a game doesn't fit in the MA15+ guidlines, which, from what i can gather, GTAIII doesn't. The censorship board have no option other than giving the title a rating of RC(Refused Classification), whether we like it or not.

This is really unfortunate because from the sounds of it, GTAIII is really cool (I liked GTA2 though, os i'm probably a bit biased).
        ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Working...
        X