Graphic problems in Medal of Honor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphic problems in Medal of Honor

Hope someone might be able to help me with this problem. Installed MOH last night but the graphics looks very strange. Everything is fogged and i tried to use different settings, without any help. Running WinXp with 256 ram and a Matrox g400. Also installed the latest drivers and all that stuff. Think it's a OPENGL problem but there's no such drivers availible for XP. Holding my thumbs!!!!

iso

From the readme file:
    MINIMUM CONFIGURATION

Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98, or Windows 95 (Windows NT is not supported)
    450 MHz Intel Pentium II or 500 MHz AMD Athlon processor
    128 MB RAM 8x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
    1.2 GB free hard disk space plus space for saved games (additional space required for Windows swap-file and DirectX 8.0 installation) 16 MB OpenGL capable video card using an NVIDIA GeForce3, NVIDIA GeForce2, NVIDIA GeForce 256, NVIDIA Riva TNT2, NVIDIA Riva TNT, ATI Radeon, ATI Rage 128 Pro, ATI Rage 128, PowerVR3 Kyro II, or PowerVR Kyro chipset with OpenGL and DirectX 8.0 compatible driver DirectX 8.0 compatible sound card

-Matrox G400 and G450
    Frame rate is often below 10 frames per second even at
    the lowest video settings. Level load times are longer
    than normal.

The G400, G450 and G550 is not even on the list of supported chipsets:
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

How come it runs on a Riva TNT but not on a G400?

It's probably the developer that didn't give a damn to support Matrox boards.

Comment

Don't know i'm just referring to the readme.txt. Even voodoo 4 and 5 aren't fully supported

From readme:

The following 16MB or greater 3D accelerators are not fully supported and do not work properly with the game:

-3Dfx Voodoo 4 and 5
        No intro movies play. Various textures are corrupted.
        Breakable windows are opaque until broken. Once
        broken they have a corrupted texture.
        -3Dfx Voodoo 3
        Various textures are corrupted. Breakable windows are
        opaque until broken. Once broken they have a corrupted
        texture. Transparent red bomb placements are invisible.
        -3Dfx Voodoo Banshee cards
        -Matrox G400 and G450
        Frame rate is often below 10 frames per second even at
        the lowest video settings. Level load times are longer
        than normal.
        -Nvidia Vanta
        These older cards yield a frame rate that is often
        below 10 frames per second even at the lowest video
        settings.
        -PowerVR NEON 250 cards:
        Video Logic PowerVR Neon 250
        -S3 Savage 2000 cards:
        Diamond Viper II
        -S3 Savage 4 cards:
        Diamond Stealth III S540
        Diamond Stealth III S540 Extreme
        -SiS 300 cards
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Seems like this game not work properly on any gfx card, hehe!

Comment

The game should work fine with the 5.82 beta drivers since we fixed the fogging issue which is also in RTCW. As for slowdown, we are working with EA on a fix right now, hopefully we will have something with the final 6.8x or 5.8x drivers, stay tuned!

Regards,
            "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

The game isnt slow for me per-say its just that all the textures are totally out of whack. Even at the menu screen the click overs for the menu items are 'shifted' slightly graphically from where they should be. Walking around a bit in the training missions is ok but unplayable since the textures are a tad whacky, the ground loks ok but the trees are invisible-ish.

Does this game work with the latest beta drivers?

Comment

Satoru,
                Like i mentioned, install the beta drivers and your problems shoudl go away. If not, let us know,

Regards,
                "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Hi People,
                  I'm getting a right slow down when I play this game MOH AA as well (even in crap mode). My system details should be listed below. I played RtCW and completed it, after I hacked the wolfsp.exe and turned on opengl mode, because I couldn't wait for Matrox with there 'fix'. I hope Matrox are not stringin us all along with 'Where working with (insert game company here) on a fix' statements. I just think it would be really bad to go the same way as 3DFX, because that would be a big shame.

LBM
                  P3-550(100*5.5=550), Commate P3370A-VP, 256meg PC100, MillenniumG400 32meg DH, Realtek RTL8029, CL SB AWE32, CL PCI64, Maxtor 6.4gig, Teac 52x CDrom

Comment

Actually the fix was already made and released. The only problem that you're playing the single player version which requires an additional patch, should be out in 2 weeks or so.

Regards,

Comment

Actually....I bought RTCW to play the SP part and not the mulitplayer side of RTCW and from what you said, I gather the patch was released to solve the MP problem?.

After I hacked the wolfsp.exe - opengl worked fine...the FPS rose. And the game was playable.

LBM

COME ON MATROX LET SEE YER FIX FOR MOH AA...
                      P3-550(100*5.5=550), Commate P3370A-VP, 256meg PC100, MillenniumG400 32meg DH, Realtek RTL8029, CL SB AWE32, CL PCI64, Maxtor 6.4gig, Teac 52x CDrom

Comment

It's coming, just have a bit of patience

Comment

I had not bought the MOH retail... but i had no problems with the demo.. why would a retail perform worse than the demo?
                          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I have the same problems, textures out of whack and menu sprites all over the place... Someone mentioned "hacking" the .exe? Want to email me that "fix" so I can play SP until Matrox or EA releases an SP patch? =)

Comment

Download the latest beta drivers for your card, fixed my problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X