Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rtcw small mapping problem after driver update

Hello,

I recently tried Return To Castle Wolfenstein on my PII-450 (W2000) with a Millenium G200 (8 MB).

It worked (640x480x32). (nothing more, nothing less )
    I have now upgrade my drivers from version 5.33 to 5.72, and the menus of rtcw have become illegible. It used to be dark with yellow characters, now it is just a plain white rectangle. When moving the mousecursor over the rectangle, the yellow characters become visible (turns back to white when the mouse leaves the rectangle).

Any ideas/hints ?
    (have tried switching it to 640x480x16, but with the same result)

Thanks

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

did you uninstall your old drivers before installing the new ones??

Comment

Yes, with the seperate downloadable uninstall utility (pdunin201.exe).
      (followed by a required reboot; in plain 640x480x16 colours)

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

additional problems...

The new driver also introduced additional problems. When you get shot, the screen is supposed to flash. With the 5.33 drivers, this worked, with the 5.72, the screen turns virtually entirely black (except for a triangle in the upper right corner, approx. 1/6th of the screen wide, and almost full height)...

Does anyone else have problems with driver 5.72 ?

Guess I'll have to try that beta version 5.82beta... Any comments on this one ? (either that, or switch back to 5.33)...

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Well, the 5.82beta also has these problems, so I went back to 5.33.

The problems are not only limited to the mappings in rtcw, but also appear in Oni : if Konoko (main character) is close to a wall, this wall should become transparent. This is not the case with drivers 5.72 and 5.82beta.

Version 5.33 seem to show none of these problems...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X