Dungeon Siege

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeon Siege

Anyone else having problems with Dungeon Crash? I mean, Dungeon Siege?
    The f*cking thing keeps throwing up "Exception Error" at me, usually when I'm well into a game and havent saved for a while.

Then again, it is a Microshite game
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Never had a problem with the game and I have a crapola PII 366Mhz, 128MB RAM, with a Rage LT Pro w/8MB. What's your video card, your settings, your OS, and what drivers are you using?
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

No problems here either ...runs for hours and hours and hours and ... without any problems ( yes The PIT....Win XP roxor I know )
      Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
      incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Re: Dungeon Siege

Originally posted by RichL
        Anyone else having problems with Dungeon Crash? I mean, Dungeon Siege?
        The f*cking thing keeps throwing up "Exception Error" at me, usually when I'm well into a game and havent saved for a while.

Then again, it is a Microshite game
        Hey RichL,

Please do read the entire thread, because it addresses both demo- and retailversion

/Cryomenace

Comment

Thanks, thats a good thread.
          I've actually never had a problem with the demo version, but have had these errors since getting the full version.
          I'll try playing with some settings tommorrow and see what happens.
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Well, straight upping my AGP apature to 256mb didnt make a jot of difference.
            However, winding my FSB back to default 100mhz let it run okay.

I've run my system at high FSBs (from 145mhz to current 112mhz) and never had any problems before now with any application or game. It looks like Dungeon Siege is ridiculously sensitive to hardware issues.

Comment

Hahaha So you had it over clocked and got all mad at the game..
              That's just to funny.

Comment

have you tried 133x7.5, that used to work well for my duron (but 7X140 was better)

do you have any extra cooling on your chipset?

Comment

Originally posted by NetDisruptor
                  Hahaha So you had it over clocked and got all mad at the game..
                  That's just to funny.
                  Hmmm yes.

You're an idiot, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
                    have you tried 133x7.5, that used to work well for my duron (but 7X140 was better)

do you have any extra cooling on your chipset?
                    Actually I used to run at 145x7, but I had to scale it back when I wanted to use the mobo's onboard HPT370 RAID. It used to lockup on boot occasionally so I ended up running it at 112x9. Performance isnt an awful lot different between the two settings.

As far as cooling goes, the chipset is cooled with a fan as standard, I've got front and rear 80mm YS-Tech fans, a slot-fan over the G400, mini-coolers on both HDDs, and I've even placed the 256mb DIMMs in odd slots to leave as much free air as possible around them.
                    Regular temps are 27 degrees case (23-24 room temp) and 38 degrees CPU, rising to 43 under full load.

Like I said before, this is the first game I've ever had that has given me any problems due to overclocking.

PS : I'm not currently using the onboard RAID controller. I had my fill of Highpoint related problems. The extra performance just isnt worth the unreliability

Comment

Originally posted by RichL

Hmmm yes.

You're an idiot, aren't you?

lol yes I'am an Idiot for poniting out how stupid you were.

Comment

I can almost place money on this post going right over his pointy head but still, I feel strangely compelled to educate the LUsers...

When 99 out of 100 games and 100 out of 100 applications, including the likes of 3DMark2000 & 2001, SiSoft Sandra and other applications designed especially to stress a system WORK PERFECTLY and have done for months on end, but the 100th game fails, do you assume its a problem with the new game, or do you assume its your hardware, which has been running the other 199 apps&games perfectly for some considerable time? Especially when one of those games tried successfully was the DEMO VERSION of the same game that is now not working?

What part of the "Everything else works and has done for months and months at the very same hardware settings" are you having difficulty understanding?

Comment

I don't assume. If I have problems with a game, I set my clocks back to default to verify. It's only common sense.

Rags

Comment

If I overclocked it would be the first thing I would check out no matter how many other things will work on my system with it. At least you figured out what it was though.
                            System Specs:
                            Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                            May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                            Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                            And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                            just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                            For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

^

I would just like to think that before you go and make a thread to bash on a game that you would have done all that you could to help it along 1st.

I just thought it was funny, don't take it so personal.
                              In fact I jumped in to this thread to maybe help or find out some cool new info on the game not to argue.

Comment

Working...
                              X