earth and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• earth and beyond

anyone know or have an approx. idea when matrox will release a game patch or new driver for Earth and Beyond for G400 etc... matrox site states that support is "planned" ... but they never give a time frame...

thanks

Is there somewhere to get the beta besides fileplanet?

Comment

nope, and the beta is closed iirc. the real game will hit shelves in like 3 or 4 days.

personally, i've been experiencing hangs in the game... most are specific to certain areas (character creation screen), but its kinda annoying at times.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

gigex is another place to down load the beta, but getting access to the server is just as tough..

Comment

Is it gonna be a paid subscription only deal or will it be open like battlefield 1942?

Comment

it is a MMORPG. as a result it is a pay-to-play game (like everquest, or any one of a number of other MMORPG).

i believe it will be $13/mo or so.
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

counts me out, its againt my religion to pay for online games.

Comment

i have no problem paying for a game that has good gameplay. EQ has managed to keep my attention for longer than any other game thats been released as of recent...

keep in mind that an MMORPG is a constantly changing world, so gameplay is always different. i didn't buy rtcw because the gameplay it offered, while good, wasn't enough to offer any sort of long term replay value.

paying a monthly fee for BF1942 would be stupid. hell, the game was fun for a while, but spending $50 on a game that you wind up only playing for a week or two is not my idea of money well spelt. i would rather pay the monthly fee for an MMORPG.

Comment

Working...
                X