Splinter Cell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splinter Cell

I just tried this game...first of all, it's the coolest 3rd person shooter I've ever seen, the moves the guy is capable of are simply AMAZING Give it a go, it's most definitely worth it. Now for the tech report:

-with FAA activated, for some strange reason, it returns me to the Desktop after the first intro video
    -without FAA or aniso, I can play it fine in 1600x1200, max details
    -Weirdly enough, if I select 1280x1024 as the resolution, it actually activates 1152x864, which isn't even among the selectable options!
    -No graphics bugs at all

So all in all, this game is fun to play on the Parhelia

Enough for now, I got me some Georgians to slaughter
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Anti-aliasing is currently not supported by the game. It causes graphical problems on other cards as well.

Wow, it's nice to see that the Parhelia can handle the game in 1600x1200. With my 8500 it is playable at this resolution but definately not smooth.

Either way it is a great game...

Comment

Re: Splinter Cell

Originally posted by lecter
      I just tried this game...first of all, it's the coolest 3rd person shooter I've ever seen
      Agreed!
      The "split-jump" is a fantastic move......you can outrun an
      enemy, have him follow you into a dark hallway, do the
      split-jump and then just wait for the sap to walk underneath
      so that you can jump on him and knock him cold.
      I'm playing this game "Thief" style......I haven't shot a single
      bad guy yet.....knocking them out is just too much fun!

P.S.
      I really like Canadian actor Michael Ironside supplying
      the voice for Sam Fisher...it's really suited to the character.
      Last edited by Tom; 3 March 2003, 17:17.

Comment

I dont have it for Pc, but I do for Xbox and YES! it is a little classic ..hehe Great game that's not all about running in and shooting your enemies, more like using your surrounding's to outwit them. Reminds me of another classic for the PC Theif ... a what a game

Comment

LOL at 1600x1200 you wouldn't need FAA

Cheers,
          Elie

Comment

I'd rather play at 1024-768 with AA than 1600-1200 without as you can still see the jaggies

Comment

That's true....if only the damn thing would work!!
              All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Again I think this is where Nvidia still has the upper hand, and that is developer support. I may not be a big fan of Nvidia anymore but games still tend to run with less problems. I'm hoping that now because of the success of the Radeon 9700 that game developers notice the competition and dont design their games for Geforce's

Comment

True, but problem is nVIDIA seems to give out A LOT more developer relations than ATI (not to mention Matrox).

Just look at CG. They worked day and night to market that thing.

Apparently not a lot of people are implanting it. Thanks to the Radeon R300 release and popularity.

Comment

Working...
                  X