Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
    R9600?

P can't even compete with Ti4600 last time I checked! And i'd assume a 9600 is faster than a 4600

well, good to see here are some who still love P. (I personally think its a failure for matrox.)
    4600 still packs quite a punch when compared to 9600Pro/5600Ultra in non AA, often winning by quite a bit, but losing (sometimes horribly) when AA is on. 9600Pro, 5600Ultra, and Parhelia overtake it considerably after the IQ gets bumped up, and the P still holds its own against those 2.

Also, FWIW, compared against a few systems of similar speed and a 4600, my Parhelia outscores it by a thousand or 2 on Aquamark.

Comment

Parhelia is definitly too expensive for a gamer, but I think the product itself is quite good, not perfect of course, but good. In my opinion the architecture has delivered a second chance on a new designed card (Pitou bla bla you know what I mean )...

I'm a 'happy Parhelia user' and I won't ever change my P. for an other card.

@Performance:
      It's always a question of bechmarks:
      Parhelia really performs like actual mid-performance cards in some actual benches, like R 9600 or FX 5600, but of course it would never beat a Ti 4600 in Q3A for example.
      P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

I own a ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 64mb and a Parhelia 128mb. Using Unreal Tournament (The only game I play) the Parhelia absolutely stomps the 9000. Not to mention the visual quality is at another level.

I really wanted to like the 9000 but the damn 2d just gives me a headache unless I ramp the refresh to 120 hertz. And even then I can tell a noticeable difference between the cards.

Maybe my eyes are just getting picky in their old age. Who knows?
        Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

The 9000 series cards are known to have worse 2D than other ATI cards (the same is true for the 8500 series)
          7x00/9500/9600/9700/9800 should be better. Another thing to note is if it is a BBA or a cheap thrid party built one (like PowerColor, Club3D,...)
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

If I remember correctly, the 2D on the 9000 Pro is the same as the 9700, etc...but the 8500 is quite a bit behind...
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

The 9000 is a retail ATI card bought at Best Buy. And I should note it is an improvement over the first Radeon AIW I tried. But it just doesn't compare to the Matrox cards.
              Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Working...
              X