Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Not Buy Lock On: Modern Air Combat!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Not Buy Lock On: Modern Air Combat!!!

UNLESS YOU LIKE PAYING TO BETA TEST THEIR SOFTWARE, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME!!!

Not even going into the mind bogglingly slow and buggy engine, the game is ridden with bugs. When changing some settings the interface will indicate that it did in fact change, but when you enter the game you will see that it actually DIDN'T change the setting, and when you return to the settings menu it's back to where it was before. The AI for aircraft is severely screwed up too. When a F-14 set to EXCELLENT (the highest setting) skill attempted to shoot down a Russian A-50 AWACS plane, the F-14 would first fire off a AIM-54 Phoenix long range air-to-air missile. Only problem is that the AIM-54 is also busted, when the motor burns out it decelerates like it's got the aerodynamics of a barn, falling far short of the target. Then the good part comes... as it approaches instead of firing a shorter ranged missile like an AIM-7 or AIM-9, it very slowly creeps into gun range and takes pot shots with the gun. Also, force feedback centering is not functioning on MS SW FF2 joysticks, only "stick shaker" effects work, making the joystick limp (fine if this was a helocopter simulator, but not for normal aircraft.) The tech support people on the www.lo-mac.com boards are incompentent, on one hand saying to people who are having problems with systems that are otherwise plenty fast (2+ GHz CPU and 512+ megs of RAM) but with an old GF2 MX card that the game doesn't support graphics cards that are not fully DX8.1 compatible, and on the other hand stating to the people who can't understand how the game could be so slow that it must be on their end because he had the game running even on a PENTIUM 3 500 with a TNT2!!!

On my system, a Celeron Tualatin 1.2 running at 1.44 GHz, 512 MB of RAM, a Radeon 8500 64 meg @ 275/275 MHz, and WinXP I had to turn the graphics options down so low that it looked WORSE THAN FLANKER 2.51 just to get it running semi-decently.

<Sigh> Another rushed pre-christmas release I guess - I did think it went gold a bit quickly. Hopefully they'll get it all patched up properly (look at the patching effort that went into Flanker 2), because a properly working LO:MAC ought to be a corker.
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Weird....
      When I read about it on their site I was under the impression that I might have a shot at getting it to my birthday, middle march next year

This SUCKS, I was hoping for a good action/Jetfighter/simulator game
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

If you're interested in it, I'd recommend "testing it out" first before buying to see how you like it, the demo is virtually pointless.
        Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 30 November 2003, 18:14.

Comment

heh, I did try the demo, that was pointless

And not to mention terrible
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

It's dissapointing. I was hoping it'd be a less buggy version of Flanker with more features and better graphics; Too bad the main additions are an endless list of new bugs glossed over by a slow and only somewhat nice looking graphics engine.

Comment

Working...
            X