No announcement yet.

Ah, Counterstrike, how I missed thee...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, Counterstrike, how I missed thee...

Well, after a 2 year hiatus, I reinstalled Counter Strike 1.5 on my machine the other day.

I must say two things:
    1. I still love the gameplay of this game. Graphics are quite dated, not always realistic (climbing a ladder). Cheaters are rampant on some servers (though not like 2 years ago). All the same, most fun I ever have playing a game.

2. Runs fine on my Parhelia. Some claimed problems with smoke, though latest drivers seem to be fine.

UT2K3 is fun, Q3 with mods is fun. But... I still like the pace and realistic weapons with CS.

Just my 2cents.

CEM
    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Agreed everyone goes back just such a powerful formula and absorbing gameplay .. classic gaming experience imo and that's why I play it still.

You should try steam (1.6) which is now out as that will give your computer a run for it's money ..hehe it is quite a cool interface even though it is riddled with annoying little bugs.

Comment

hmm no slowdowns eh ?

Maybe I will reinstall it
      I also stopped playing for 2 years (cause of the cheaters). I played for 2 years in a row (guess I was addicted )

I never played it again because of the irritating fps drops (grenade explosions)
      Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

As long as you have a fast CPU 1.6 is fine, I recommend this command : developer "1"
        This will alow the fps to go above 100 fps standard

Comment

Re: Ah, Counterstrike, how I missed thee...

Originally posted by moreau

UT2K3 is fun, Q3 with mods is fun. But... I still like the pace and realistic weapons with CS.

Just my 2cents.

CEM
          I've always been partial to the unreal games, but then again my mispelled name does appear in one of the readmes.

Comment

We should setup a MURC CS server

All the fun, with none of the cheats
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I would be there...

any offers for hosting?
              System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

I had a dedicated server...

If i can find the HD that would be a start!
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Bummer - i have erased the HD...
                  I am downloading the win32 iso (the old one was linux)

Give me a few days, and i will try to get one running

Any requests????

Comment

look into one of the cheat blockers...

Or we just need to "keep it in the family".

Otherwise, straight up counterstrike with a decent map rotation is fine by me.

CEM

Comment

Hey, a murc CS (version 1.5) server would be nice. Count me in.
                      Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

I've got the software and the hardware... I just need the time to build it now

If i had the time, I would go for a linux server - but it would take me longer to firgure out what to do, than it would to built a win32 one...

Comment

Working...
                        X