surround gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy the wak
    Sorry the GTA-VC nocd version didn't work for me ....
    The SG bit is still great though ...
    Try to clear your temporary internet files then redownload it.
    after unzip, the gta-vc.exe file date must be 31/12/03.

Comment

Thanks chr_79....
      I was being a bit of a pilchard ....!!!
      I hadn't installed the "Radio Station" element of the game ... of course it wasn't going to work.
      Now I have installed the "Radio Station" .... it works great !
      Thank you once again !
      My Systems :
      Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
      480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
      Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

No Paddy I wasn't lying.

Kenny's talking about Omie going after the game dev's to get SG incoporated in their upcoming games.

I've allready said that we won't be doing this along with stating that we will help game dev's to incorporate SG when/if they come to us. Most of the major players have our P cards and our SG implimentation doc.

Regarding bug fixes, some will get fixed asap while others will take time. This all depends on the severity of the bug reported vs the severity of the non gaming bugs in our dbase.

Happy new year to all!!

Comment

Happy New Year to You too, Haig.

And all the best in this comming year.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Hello H
            ... thanks for re-clarifying things...
            wishing you a happy and prosperous new year too !
            My Systems :
            Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

Comment

Hey guys I just got jedi knight academy, the games max width res is 2048, so surround gaming coudl only go to 1920x480. as for the fov, u cannot adjust it from in game, go to the config and just stick in (seta cg_fov "138") and it should be fine. this was for any one who was having problems because I know a couple of people who couldnt figure it out, its an easy hack. and now I wil get started on ravenshield whish me luck
              SaTaN^666

Comment

I had an opposite experience with JKA.
                It was easy enough to adjust the res in the .cfg to whatever you want (as any q3 based game)
                BUT...I could not make the FOV work from the .cfg...have to do it fron the console within the game...
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

SaTaN^666 ... ...

... back in September on the Matrox web site Kruzin told us how to get JKA working in surround...

It is also mentioned in the Announcement thread on the Matrox Surround Gaming forum ... New SG Titles.
                  Worth checking this out you might find a few other games here too... here's a link...

Don't forget to ...
                  Turn on "Hud FIX" for OpenGL in Powerdesk to get menu's on center screen.
                  My Systems :

Comment

Thanks for the reminder with that link...it isn't the FOV I couldn't get to work through the .cfg....it was the 3rd person view distance.
                    FOV works fine in the .cfg.....
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

aight cool, I havent been on matrox's website ina while so I didnt know that they mentioned jka :P. as for raven shield Im having no luck with the fov. the UT2k3 engines fov command is.. (fov "w/e") but it doesnt recognize in the console, I also tried the ini files and stuch and nothing. the next thing is hex but I am unable to figure this one out, if char_79 would like to help me out he can, um the files closest to fov is in the system directory . its called engine.dll there are a couple of "fov" I c in that file so IM gonan fiddle around and c if I can get it, I have the newest patch to the game.. the uh 1.51 I believe. if n/e other hex programmers would like to help plz do . this game would totally own on sg.
                      SaTaN^666

Comment

Originally posted by SaTaN^666
                        max payne 2 is not possible, theyr gaming aspect is locked on 4:3 thats why fov changes will only change teh horizontal fov and not teh vertical hence why he looks so fat.
                        What did you say ?

Comment

oooh oooh oooh ... jucy !
                          The fix on the Matrox SG forum doesn't quite work (Streched Max)... With yours Max isn't streched and you seemed to have to fix the HUD...
                          Can't wait ...
                          My Systems :

Comment

Hi, chr_79!

Did you make your own hack or did you go with these steps?

I can't get "enablecameracollisions" to work, no matter how long I wait it to happen.

Comment

he did his own hack, those steps didnt fix the wideness lol. char_79=geneus. Id like to see if he can get around to halo and raven shield, then hed be like ULTRA geneus. I gave up on ravens shield, one of the hex strings was .9 and i figured it was the fov, so I canched it to 1.4 but the game crashed and gave me an error report :P oh well. but Id REALLY like to c these 2 titles on propper surround.
                              SaTaN^666

Comment

He Chr_79,

Yeah and another one bites the dust, hum maybe we can call 2004 the Surround Year because of all the new and old games that will be patched to surround or work out of the box in surround.

Chr_79 could you do us another favor and repatch the NFS underground but now for the 1.3 version.

You can download this patch from EA (just look in de source of the page otherwise they want you to autoinstall it and that doesn't work correctly). Than you can apply it with an rtp installer. If you need the no_cd for this version i can send it to you.

A happy new year to all you folks,
                                Wingie

Comment

Working...
                                X