Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTA III and GTA - Vice City in Surround

Hello,
    Dave "THE GENIUS" at ToCA-EDIT has made a couple of tools to get GTA - Vice City and GTA III to work in surround....
    I know chr_79 had made a gta_vc.exe to get it working in surround ... which was great... but ... the sniper rifle zoom didn't work. It does with these tools.

Get the GTA FOV Tool here ...
    This website is for sale! game-editing.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, game-editing.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

To configure for Surround Gaming ...

GTA III ...
    Run the tool... set ...
    Field of View (FOV): 50
    Height Stretch: 3.4

Start the game ... set a Surround resolution in the Display Setup and choose Wide Screen ....ON...
    Now load a game or start a new game ... once your into the game press the * key on the number pad to enable ... there you go ... enjoy !

GTA - Vice City use the same settings as above but you don't have to press the * key to enable.

The ini file created by the tools will remember your settings.

Cheers,
    Paddywak .............

Some screens from GTA III ...

Last edited by Paddy the wak; 5 May 2004, 11:59.
    My Systems :
    Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
    480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
    Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

hmm shouldnt yur radar be round ?

maybe change the fov a bit.
    it looks cool btw
    Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

Yes... the radar should be round... unfortunately the wide resolution stretches it ....nothing can be done about this that I am aware of ... but it is only a minor issue.
      It is not related to the FOV ... which is perfect for playing in Surround......
      My Systems :
      Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
      480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
      Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

Working...
      X