Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Parhelia.. Now what... ?

Hello

Just got my first matrox video card and i love it allready. Its the 128mb parhelia model. I have only got one monitor currently coz my three 21inch ones are still in the post. I cannot wait till i get it all sorted.

Ok, question 1)

I have unreal tournament 2003 & 2004 but i dont know how to make them in widescreen, what kind of resolutions will i get and how would i set it up...

Ok, number 2)

I have only got default drivers installed for the card, does the card have drivers that are updated or something so i can gain max performance!

Number 3)

What other games can i play on this and how do i configure it, i cant wait to get this sorted im soooo hapy i got this card

The card i purchased from ebay @ £140 incl pnp from switserland, becaese the guy had a rating of 1 i was scared to send a wire transfer. i said i couldnt complete the deal but he had allready posted it, arrived 3 days later so i think i better get him paid!!

Woopdey dooo, i'm newb here btw so dont know nothin!!
    Gamer-Server Machine
    Cpu.......... Dual AMD MP 2400+ @2Ghz Each
    Cooling..... Koolance Exos External Aluminium Liquid cooling
    Memory.... 2gb DDR ECC Registered PC2100 CAS2
    VGA.......... Matrox Parhelia 128MB
    Display...... 3 x 21" Sony CRT trinton tubed Flat e400
    Hard-Drive. 2 x 120gb maxtor 7200rpm 8mb cache @ Raid0
    Case......... Thermaltake Xaser III V1000D & QTEC 550W

Welcome on Murc!
    ...and congratulations to your new Parhelia!

About question 1 & 3, I don't have three monitors, so I can't help you, but there many guys here that should be able to help you.

Ok, number 2)

New drivers have some minor fixes, application specific quality settings and better performance compared to the first release.

You can use the 1.07.00.089 driver or, if you want to play Dx9.0 games (like BF: Vietnam) the BETA DX9 1.06.00.99. I would suggest to use the Beta not until you need it for a specific game.

Get them @ http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...atest/home.cfm

Greetz
    Che
    P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

Re: New Parhelia.. Now what... ?

Ok, question 1)

I have unreal tournament 2003 & 2004 but i dont know how to make them in widescreen, what kind of resolutions will i get and how would i set it up...
      Here is a link on how to set up UT2003 and its pretty much the same thing for the 2004. You can use anything from 1920x480 to 3840x1024, but i would suggest to use 2400x600 for most games if you dont want lag.

Number 3)

What other games can i play on this and how do i configure it, i cant wait to get this sorted im soooo hapy i got this card
      Check these 2 links :

Last edited by RUS007; 19 June 2004, 09:52.
      2 x Opteron 270 • Tyan K8WE • 8Gb Kingston HyperX • 2 x BFG 7900GTX SLI • Matrox TH2G • Areca SATA RAID • 4 x WD RaptorX RAID6 • Creative X-FI Elite Pro • Klipsch 5.1 Ultra • PC P&C 1KW PSU • 3 x Samsung 19" LCD • The System is Fully Water Cooled

Comment

Thanks mate i'll check those out when my 3 x 21inch crt's arrive

Also i ahd another issue that if i load a game, (single screen game) the other two monitors go into standby? how do i solve this?
        Gamer-Server Machine

Comment

Hello Cheazypeaz,
          Welcome !

When you exit the game all the monitors usually just go back to desktop.
          My Systems :
          Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
          480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
          Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

But cant i play with a game on one then switch screens to the desktops?
            Gamer-Server Machine

Comment

When you play a game in single display mode the 2 side monitors will go into standby. When you exit or minimize the game they will automatically wakeup and show the desktop.
              2 x Opteron 270 • Tyan K8WE • 8Gb Kingston HyperX • 2 x BFG 7900GTX SLI • Matrox TH2G • Areca SATA RAID • 4 x WD RaptorX RAID6 • Creative X-FI Elite Pro • Klipsch 5.1 Ultra • PC P&C 1KW PSU • 3 x Samsung 19" LCD • The System is Fully Water Cooled

Comment

Yes i found that out. But isnt it surely posible for those other two monitors to work, and like have a way of switching screens? so the equivilant of minimizing the game normaly to the desktop, but in reality just moving over, set a hotkey or something? or dont it work like that?

I'm loving it so far anyway i just cant wait for my monitors!!
                Gamer-Server Machine

Comment

Only if you play the game in window mode.

Comment

might try that out, but would my mouse move over to the other desktops?
                    Gamer-Server Machine

Comment

Not unless you minimize the game

Comment

cool, i was playing UT2004 earliar and it seemed ok windowed mode i am now just awaiting these monitors, infact im going to call them now!
                        Gamer-Server Machine

Comment

Play windowed often

Originally posted by RUS007
                          Not unless you minimize the game
                          You don't have to minimize UT2004. You can use ALT-TAB instead.
                          Be careful though, if playing online, you might get kicked for idling.

I also highly recommend auto hiding the task bar, while you play in a window. There's nothing more annoying than having moved your bar and resized the game window, in one stroke, while in the middle of an intense battle.

Comment

I know .. there are other windows hotkeys you can use too. Was just trying to simplify things for him

Comment

Cheazy, that's a pretty powerful electromagnetic field those things are going to sput out, make sure you sit at least a metre away from them

Hope you got the AGP8x Parhelia!
                              Last edited by G400SG16mb; 20 June 2004, 11:54.
                              Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

Comment

Working...
                              X