Rumour: Farcry 1.2 w/ 3Dc and PS2.0b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumour: Farcry 1.2 w/ 3Dc and PS2.0b

Looks like ATI will release a special driver in the next few days(or atleast give it to some sites for testing?). The rumour is that it will boost performance in Farcry for the X800 cards by supporting 3Dc and PS2.0b.

I guess ATI may be trying to steal away some of Nvidia's thunder after getting smacked around in the Doom3 benchmarks.

It's been such a good start to the 2nd half of 2004 for computer hardware and gaming
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Kind of, I still find the prices ATI/nvidia are willing to inflict on people to be insane.(and matrox)

But the games part has been good

Comment

Check out the benches here with SM2.0b against SM3.0 between 6800 and X800. It's in Russian(I think) but the graphs are readable.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I wonder how much of sm3.0 the x800's use? do they loose any eye candy?,

They certainly get a nice performace boost tho.

Comment

Good question. Well, supposedly we will know more in a few days. It will be interesting to see if 3Dc pans out as well because that will give an even bigger boost(most likely).

Dave

Comment

"Far Cry patch 1.2 has shown unexpected behaviour on specific hardware configurations. These matters are mainly due to incompatibilities with several optimisations brought lately to the code, with the intent to please a large number of users. We're currently asking CRYTEK to work on delivering a new patch as soon as possible. Until then we have decided to remove the patch 1.2 from the official UbiSoft websites."
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
            X