Supreme Commander Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Commander Beta

Available for dload everywhere (i got mine from fileplanet). You need a key, but there is a crack available, lets you play LAN and enables AI, I will be playing tonight, will give update on how it is later.

Runs decent enough at 1280 on my system.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

If I have time I will give more of an update later...

Controls are VERY similar to TA, as is resource system (metal has been renamed to "mass" now).

On different forums and sites they keep saying how unoptimized the graphics engine is, it runs pretty damn good imo - hopefully the final will have low system reqs.

Haven't tried setting up the dual monitor thing yet, I will probably try it when I get home tonight.

Even though you can zoom out to the entire map and all your units/buildings show up as your team colored dots, I kind of wish it had a mini-map. I am interested to see what if anything new shows up when I play in dual-monitor mode.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

RUNS EXTREMELY SLOW after about 45min into game, dunno if its because there are so many units or a memory leak (or both) - literally 1 frame per second or LESS. Hard to enjoy like that, didn't even finish my game.

Comment

Downloaded it and had a play - thanks for the heads-up Mehen. Definitely not stable yet; kept getting freezes on an Athlon XP64 3000+, 2GB RAM, 6600GT machine (running Vista, which could be it...)

But as for the game? Hell yeah TA brought up to date (not that it really needed it!) Great. Can't wait for the final release.
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Thanks for the tip, i'll have a look tonight
          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Curse this metal body! All the beta slots are filled!!! ARGH!! Time to put on my black eye patch.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

"Now open to all users" according to fileplanet, check it out!

(banner at the top) http://www.fileplanet.com/

Comment

So did anyone else find the AI to be ridiculously good in the hacked version? I suppose it's not finished yet...

Comment

Yeah, the AI is pretty good, but the more you play it you will find you improve a lot from your first couple games.

Comment

NEW KEYS ARE AVAILABLE!!!

Download apps and games for Android. Discover new apps, read the reviews and download the APK. Safe and virus-free.

Jammrock

Comment

Hmm, for me the game starts to stutter about 30-40 minutes into the game. But I definetly think I will get this one when it comes out

I find the game to be hardest with the United Earth Federation. With the Cybran Nation that can build the Spiderbots it's easier. Those Spiderbots are quite cheap and wreak havock! But the Aeon Illuminate mystic robot or whatever it's called is by far the strongest land unit, it makes short work of even the Spiderbots, and even survives several Tactical Missle Strikes

Strongest Sea Unit: United Earth Federation
                      Strongest Land Unit: Aeon Illuminate
                      Strongest Air Unit: Cybran Nation

Unfortunatly the game still feels a bit unbalanced, some Tech 3 units just take too long to build (80 minutes for a submarine?), while you can finish your special units quite quickly...
                      Last edited by knirfie; 27 November 2006, 14:40.
                      Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Very unbalanced still. Tech 3 air superiority fighters are useless. Tech 1 bombers shoot them out of the sky.

A fun trick for those who want to just play and not use mods to do so. Host a custom game, password protect it so no one can join, and for Game Type (defaults to Assasination), change it to Sandbox. That allows you to start the game with no opponents just to get used to economy and units.

I built a Maver yesterday, the experimental UEF mega-strategic artillery thing. I had no less than 5 engineers, my commnader, and 2 support commanders building it, plus had the game speed set to 10, and it still took like 2 hours to build. It was ridiculous. But once it was done, it had like a 20 km range and blew up even enemy experimentals in a single shot. It was awesome ... but too costly. You'd never be able to build one in a real game. The game would end by 25% done.

The UEF Mobile Factory is quite awesome. Nothing like an army of planes on top of an amphibious death machine to make a game fun

Do you guys want to get a MURC game going sometime soon?

Comment

Would love to have a game, but to be honest I would rather wait until the final release is out - it's still just too unstable on my gaming machine at the moment (not all to do with the game - running Vista and going dual-screen seems to create problems )

Comment

I hear SupCom has some cool features for people with dual-screen monitors. Don't have two hooked up right now, but I will by the time SupCom is final and out.

Comment

Q: I've heard SupCom requires dual monitors - is this true?
                              A: No, not at all. It supports dual monitors, but does not require it. It even allows a single monitor to run in split-screen mode.

Q: Can I do both split screen AND dual monitors?
                              A: By default, the game starts on 1 screen with a minimap.
                              - If you split the screen, you get 2 views + minimap.
                              - If you instead turn on the 2nd monitor, you lose the minimap

You can split the primary monitor in a dual-mon setup, but you can't split the 2nd monitor.

Keyboard shortcuts:

Home - Split screen on
                              End - Split screen off

Can someone with dual monitors take a screenshot of split screen?

Comment

Working...
                              X