Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good news for a change (to Haig and the B-Boyz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me just catch up with everyone, here...

grant88: I noticed that I didn't really answer one of your questions: "Does PD 5.13 improve Unreal's visual quality?" But there is an answer here...scroll up 3 posts from that one, and you'll see it..."So *that's* what the waterfall [immortalized in every review *I've* read] looks like!" In other words, YES!! (no Meg Ryan jokes, please... )

Maggi: I think you've created a benchmarking monster in me....there was a lot more info [as you know] in the timedemo than what I posted. Did you want any of it? What are you tabulating anyway? When will you be done? And can we see the results when you're finished (I expect it to be very interesting)?

SteveC: *Isn't* 15fps generally considered the barest minimun playable framerate? The fact that we're kinda OK with 10 or 12 *is* pretty sad though...

Great googly moogly, Jorden! That's **awful**! and on a P-III, too...now I don't feel nearly so bad that I don't have one...

I *have* run Unreal in OGL (before I knew how to do the timedemo) and I noticed that it was slower than D3D so I changed back...but it wasn't *that* bad (I don't think...)

Now I **have** to do the timedemo in OGL! maybe later this afternoon. Just think, my humble K6-2 might thrash a P-III (tralalalala...)!

AMD RULEZ!Heheheh...!

------------------
    Holly

Who can now put her V2 in her roomie's new (in a way) K6-266 (be quiet, she doesn't play games! well, not like Half-Life, anyway, she's a bleem! kinda roomie) because now her [Soyo 5EMA, K6-2 333 not o/c, 256MB PC100, Millennium G200 8MB SGRAM, Win98] works plenty good enough 'til she's saved the moolah for the G400/Athlon rig [drool, pant, drool...]

Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
    -Jay Bulworth

Comment

fyi, you guys n' gals...I'm getting "document contains no data" errors when I try to edit that previous post...which in the past has presaged server crashes...should we batten down the hatches?

Holly
      Holly

"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open ended program of procreative racial deconstruction."
      -Jay Bulworth

Comment

Working...
      X