Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 And Super 7

HI,
    How well does the g400 interacts with super7 systems? especially ali chipset?
    Does it has problems like the tnt?

Thanks!

Yoav

My SS7 system is based on the VIA chipset and I have had no compatibility problems so far with the G400. It even runs at 2X DiME mode AGP. Overall speed in OGL is good and D3D is great.

Joel

For a detailed breakdown of my machine configuration Check out my home page at members.home.net/gilchrist.joel

BTW: I liked 'The Fifth Element' too.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 07-31-99).]
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

It depends on your SS7. If it's a "good" one, then you're ok. If it's a "bad" one, then you're not. Now, you are probably asking for the definitions of good and bad. And the answer there is nobody knows. Some boards just work, some don't. Update your BIOS and drivers, and cross your fingers. The G400 is no better or worse on SS7 than a TNT. (Better than an ATI though!)

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Well more specifically:
        I have an

<font color="red">amd k6-2 300
        Asus p5a-b rev 1003 (ali chipset)
        regular 32 pc100 sdram</font> (soon to be 64...)
        I have an <font color="red">xpert 98 ati</font> that sucks (but it doesn't crash or anything...)
        Wasn't able to make my <font color="red">Xentor 32</font> work on it...

will a <font color="blue">g400</font> make a difference???

Thanks

Comment

For one thing you definitely need at least 64 MB of RAM for your G400 to work at its best.

I have a similar setup to yours, K6-2, ALI chipset and have not had any problems with video cards (except when using 3dfx reference drivers)

Comment

Working...
          X