Problems with Tribes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Tribes!!

Can anyone help me with the graphical problems in StarSiege Tribes. I love this game and since I have a G400 this game sucks.. Don't wanna go back to my old TNT cause this card rocks!

I remember seeing something about it a LOOONNNG time ago adressing this problem but now I can't find anything about it.

It looks like tribes (currently version 1.8) and the g400 aren't friendly with each other right now. Dynamix has tweaked it's opengl for the TNT series of card and hasn't really bothered with any other card if you as me.... or it might just be the g400 ICD really does suck hardcore right now. On my g400max, textures are flickering in and out and I get a grid effect outline around all the textures. Not only that but when the tribes engine switches to outdoor mode (you'll know what I mean when you walk from inside to outside), my system hangs for a second. Apparently tribes has to load a new texture set and pallette for outdoors as compared to indoors.... ughh. Either way, glide is still the way to go for tribes. I've seen tribes running on the latest patch on an overclocked TNT2 Ultra and it's still no where near as ultra smooth as a v3 3000 or v2 SLI. It's playable, but no 40-70 fps like I'm getting with my SLI.
    Tribes 2 will be built from the ground up supporting all the major 3d cards I'm sure. Tribes, however was built around glide, the 3dfx API. Opengl was never shipped and never came out of the box... the main reason for the many tribes patches. Dynamix promises that in the final opengl patch for tribes it will have support for all major 3d cards... we'll wait and see the truth of this I guess.

Comment

30fps is plenty for me i do just fine in tribes if i just have an average of 30fps i hope the g400max with finaly will so that for me if not ill have to get a v3 200 pci

Comment

Working...
      X