No announcement yet.

Any games out with bump except Expand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any games out with bump except Expand?

I was just wondering when I get my G400 Max next week if I can buy any games with bump mapping. I heard that Drahken went gold a couple of days ago, but that is it. What other games are ready to implement bump mapping in the next month or so? This waiting reminds me of the old Amiga days when you waited 3 months for a game that was suppose to come out on time. The bad thing was is that it was the only game that came out within a 1 month period!!! ex. 1994 timeframe....
    P.S. When I switch to PC, I was ready to throw it out the window within a week!!! I think that I might switch to Lynix. Getting tired of the bloatware.... At least it is comparable to Workbench operating system of the good old Amiga days..... wow did I get off the subject or what?!?!?!

Check out the Matrox 3D gaming site. They keep up with what games are foing to have EMBM...

http://www.matrox.com/g400/3d_gaming/home.htm
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The Slave Zero demo has EMBM if you modify a file to enable it, works alot better and plays alot faster then Expendable with it turned on. Plus it's fun as all hell.

Comment

The Slave Zero demo has EMBM if you modify a file to enable it, works alot better and plays alot faster then Expendable with it turned on. Plus it's fun as all hell.

Comment

ok the obvious thing here for me to ask is how to modify the file and which one it is?
          thanks

Comment

You would think that they would have it documented in the support section of the web site. If it ain't there, try asking some people on the matrox news group. So do you have a Matrox g400 or Max.....

Comment

my card is a g400 vanilla it overclocks to max speeds easily even before the cooling mods i made mainly for long term overclocking use.all you lose is .5 nanoseconds on the ram and 60 mhz on the ramdac but these cards really look good.i have a voodoo 3 3000 and a tnt card and each is a little faster in different games but guess which one is in there right now.i dont think youll be disapointed when you get yours

Comment

I have heard of people overclocking the G400, but the Max? How do you overclock it? Is there a utility that does it or some
                jumpers on the board? I'll bet if you can overclock the G400 to the max speeds, you should be able to overclock the Max at least 20%. It could be possible. But for now you really don't need to overclock if you have a fast system. Well, I can't say that for the people who buy the card and have a PII 233 and think it will do wonders for them.....
                I have a PIII 450, so I don't think I will need to overclock for a while. Well, at least until Max Payne comes out!!! ;-)

Comment

Ok, in the Slave Zero directory find the file named SZoptions.ini, you should see a line that says: Master Bumpmapping=0, just change the 0 to 1 and bumpmapping is enabled and ready to go.

Comment

You can go out and buy Descent3, it will have embm support via a patch thats not out yet...
                    hehe
                    What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

I've already bought it even though my MAX isn't due for 5-6 weeks...

I'm EU-12xx anyone know what EU number they've gotten to (6xx, 9xx)?

Cheers,
                      Fish.

Comment

Last I heard they're up to EU-16x.

And you can overclock the max a fair bit with the new version of PowerStrip (it's apparently stable with the G400 now). See scytale's post in the Matrox Hardware section.
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                        X