I have a couple of seti questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a couple of seti questions...

I'm running it at work on a Win2K machine. I have the 3.0 client.

1) How do I run it as a service?

2) I have another machine that doesn't have access to the internet. How can I use that to crunch? Can it connect to my main machine that does have access and download WU's from there?? Can it cache multiple WU's?

Thanks for any insight into these problems.

amish

ps- It's just a shame to see this P3-866 sitting on my desk going to waste on not crunching seti.

[This message has been edited by Electric Amish (edited 02 November 2000).]
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Check this thread for info on setiqueue, and check my post at the bottom for a link to setiproxy. Both of these programs do exactly what you're looking for. The only difference is that setiqueue runs on Win32 only, and setiproxy runs on anything with a java runtime environment (solaris, etc).

------------------
    Andrew
    Carpe Cerevisi
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

SetiQ will do that job! Once someone else gets you running it as a service then the main PC will be a Seti proxy for the network. Then you run Seti on PC2 like so:
      seti.exe -proxy name_of_pc1:5512

Also, see this preliminary guide to SetiQ from Rattledagger: http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000534.html

Get SetiQ from here: http://www.reneris.com/seti/default.htm

I'm still working on getting this onto my webpages - sorry about this!

Regards,

Paul.

------------------
      Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
      Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
      Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
      Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Thanks!

I was looking at that setiq thread. I really didn't understand it too well. I guess I'll give it a closer look.

amish
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

get your service help here www.bbwsd.com/Install.zip
          Join a real seti team, Team Anandtech.

Comment

Working...
          X