Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seti ver 3.0 removed from berkley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seti ver 3.0 removed from berkley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only the windows version is removed they have replaced it with 2.04!?!?!?!?! http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/windows.html

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Hmm the CLI is still there! They have also removed 3.0GUI from all ftp mirrors! ??????

------------------

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It eliminates dreams, goals, and ideals and lets us get straight to the business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation."
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Hmm...puzzling! I think that Seti@Murc site still has it though

Let's speculate:
      1. The new V3 has a bug in it
      2. Someone doesn't like V3 and has hacked in to fix it
      3. Aliens don't like V3 and have hacked in to stay a secret

Please join in the wild speculation below (though, please, no G800 links!)

Paul.

------------------
      Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
      Computer Solutions | Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal | Pace Central
      Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
      Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I'll bet Jorden had a hand in it. He probably nuked the site

Comment

It would be interesting to know what really happened...

Comment

Their servers went tits-up and they had to do a distaster recovery from tape, and the only tape that worked was a month old? (I've been there far too many times!)

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

I would've if I'd known how, Brian

Does this mean I can upload those last couple of 1.06 results now? Testing...

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Look for client version 3.01 soon.

From setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu

"NOTE: There was a small problem with the Windows 3.0 release and we've temporarily gone back to releasing 2.04. Once compiled and tested, we will release Windows version 3.01."

It's tempting to switch back to 2.04, but I think I'll wait and just do the switch to 3.01 when it's out.
                A few computers, some with Matrox stuff...I'll add details later.

Comment

Thanx for the info!

------------------

Comment

The latest update...

"NOTE: We have taken the windows version 3.0 off the download site while we chase down a problem. We will soon release version 3.1. For those who are already running version 3.0, it is fine to continue running it. We will use the results and you will be given credit."
                    A few computers, some with Matrox stuff...I'll add details later.

Comment

Working...
                    X