No announcement yet.

To those who wish to leave Seti...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So then...we seem to have lost interest in finding other projects? Is Genome really that good? Who has tried anything else?

And, could our stats guru's tell us if it is possible to do the same with Genome as we currently enjoy with Seti?

Ta, Paul.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Well I for one was too lazy to try many more projects out there . What I did was spy on a couple other DC forums, looking at what they though about the different projects. RC5 is certainly loosing interest, and a lot of folding people have now moved to Genome (although this move may be temporary). That being the one I tried, I stuck with it (again, lazy me ). I might try Dcypher sometime.

I really like genome, and even if there currently is only a command line version, they are also developping a screensaver and gui version, for those wh like flashy things . Keep in mind that this project hasn't been running for a month yet and the best has yet to come.

This brings me to anther point. People haven't been crunching for years and we could easily be in the top ten. Right now, MatroxUsers is in 17th position (although subject to change ), and we're moving up with only a few members. See for yourselves.

Another thing I like is the team/personal stats page, with the types of proteins you actually worked on. You can even flip them around with vrml (you can tell I like gadgets ).

Yet antoher cool feature, caching. This was explained in another thread, towards the end of the page.

Ok, that was my totally unbiased opinion.

Fred

Comment

Yes, the stats could be done for G@H. It should even be fairly straightforward. Thing is: I really haven't got too much time to spend at the moment...

Maybe if G@H really picks up some MURC-momentum. I've (temporarily) switched one of my machines to Genome.

Martin

Comment

What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

That's what I thought.... Everybody's waiting for somebody else to step in...
            Hey guys, I would suggest trying out G@H on a few machines, maybe your slower ones. Try it out, and give us a helping hand while you're at it...

Good to have another cruncher Ees, welcome to the team!

As for G@H picking up some steam, we are currently 15th in the world. That ain't so bad!

Fred

Comment

Working...
            X