Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new G@H user

Hi people,

Just to let you know that I've joined the ranks of MURC genome@home. I've got two machines running at the moment, 1xPII-400 (my box, with a 16mb single-head G400 and a Millenium Classic, running dual-head XFree86-4.0.2) and 1xP5-MMX 200 (which is also the webcache/router for my house, has not monitor, which is why it doesn't have a Matrox gfx card ). When I joined we were ranked 7th, now we're ranked 6th, and whilst I obviously can't take all the credit for this fact, I'd like to take at least as much if not more of my fair share

Anyway, I wrote a little Gtk-Perl util to log user statistics yesterday, I'll be uploading it to http://gahrank.sourceforge.net/ later on, so fellow Linux users can easily check on their stats.. If you've got any feature-suggestions please feel free to post them here...

phaze3k

Welcome phaze and thanks for working on the script.

I'm getting a few more machines in here at work which I'll be using for the G@H effort, should add another 5GHz to my crunching power

Comment

OK, it's up at http://gahrank.sourceforge.net/

The code is a bit messy, but it works fine. You must have Gtk-Perl and LWP::Simple installed, you can get them from CPAN if you don't.

Comment

Welcome to the team!

Already an active member too! Great!

Fred

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome!

Could you drop a note again when you've uploaded the script. I wanna see it

Martin

Comment

...and another one...

TB 800

mfg
              wulfman
              "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
              "Lobsters?"
              "Really? I didn't know they did that."
              "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

what about renaming the forum?

mfg
                wulfman
                "Lobsters?"

Comment

Renaming the forum to what?

Something that encompasses both Seti and Genome? Maybe...'Distributed' at MURC?

P.
                  Meet Jasmine.
                  flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

yeah, something like "mu cpu time"

(guess how many people would ask if that u should be a y)

or another forum for genome@home?

mfg
                    wulfman

"Lobsters?"

Comment

The forum has already changed name, to Distributed. Then large clubs like TLC has enought with one distributed forum, we should survive with one also.

Comment

on the first page the forum is still called seti@murc - ant wake up!

mfg
                        wulfman
                        "Lobsters?"

Comment

Welcome to Wulfman and phaze3k, and just in time too, we need more power cap'n
                          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Yep, OCN is coming fast! I'm going to switch my friend's TBird from SETI to Genome.

Comment

Working...
                            X