Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do seti.matroxusers.com's images display for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do seti.matroxusers.com's images display for you?

I won't make this a poll, just a question:

How does your browser display seti.matroxusers.com's images? In the browser, or in a separate window?

My Internet Explorer opens a separate window (Photo Editor) for the images. I seem to remember though that this wasn't always the case. All my other browsers display the PNG's in the browser window itself. I think that IE used to do that as well, but I'm not sure whether I changed that myself, or whether he default has changed.

Reason I'm asking is this: now that the images are computed server-side, it would be very easy to parameterize the images: number of days, different sorting, choose the ranks to display, etcetera. For this to work conveniently, I think it would be nicest if the browser displayed the image inline, so I could display the image with a few controls at the bottom; change the settings, hit "Go" and there's your new image.

So... how do you see the images (and which browser do you use)?

BTW: if you still have an opinion about the way the new images look (after a few days of getting used to them): feel free to comment.

Martin

BTW: you can already play a little with some parameters. Every image-script takes two parameters: 'rank' and 'days'. You can call the scripts directly and add the parameters to the URL.

The scripts names are:

(I hope it's self-explanatory which images these refer to.)

You can add the parameters like this:

The possible values for 'rank' are 1 to whatever (how many members/teams there are). Defaults to 1.

The possible values for 'days' are 1 to 56 (defaults to 21).

Have fun,
    Martin

Comment

The images are displayed inline for me using IE5.

Comment

No new window here either IE5.5 Win2k Pro SP2

Comment

Same window!

If you want the file to open with IE/NS etc. save one of the pics to your hd then select it by left clicking once then press and hold down shift and right click on the file and select "open with" then shoose the default browser to open the file (iexplore for ie) make sure you have the "always use this program to open this type of file" checkbox marked!
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Yep, images open in the same window here.

Comment

Well, since I've got multiple accounts, I always right-clicks, and the images opens in it's own browser window.

Comment

Same Window
                What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

How does your browser display seti.matroxusers.com's images? In the browser, or in a separate window?
                  Isn't that a way you can set in the browser? It's opening here in the same window, but can't you set it to open in a seperate window as well? (Ofcourse I can't find that option )

Jord.
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

Well, if we all had eDUALHEAD it would pop up in another Monitor!

Damn these new forums rule!

What the hell are we doing in the middle of the desert?

Comment

Jord: right-click and hit "Open Link in New Window"

Comment

Same window.

Tom

Comment

Same window here, but I've had this problem in the past. Office2000 does *far* too much to IE for my liking, it even breaks forms

However, on the PNG front, don't install Fireworks either

P.
                          Meet Jasmine.
                          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                          X