Distributed Folding Project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Folding Project!

Server temporarily down while we change to a new protein. Please check back in an hour.
    Please upload your results now!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Done!

Edit: Looks like they are still updating! But hey at least the stats are working again!
    Last edited by Guru; 30 May 2002, 10:11.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

From ocn!

Here's what I see:

182 residues per structure (up from 76)

3,000 structures between uploads (down from 5,000)

Interval between uploads should increase since it takes longer to complete 3,000 of these 'new' structures than it did for 5,000 'old' structures.

Currently averaging 12,000 structures/day on each 600MHz Xeon - instead of 30,000/day

Comment

Team_DGC still have 5000 structures between updates? What does your computers have?

Comment

I had about 8000, 4000 per machine. What a waste

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
            Team_DGC still have 5000 structures between updates? What does your computers have?
            Mine has 3000.

Did you reboot when it told you to?

Comment

Sorry for last post......silly me!!

I have 3000.

But I reread the readme1st.txt and it said if you run as a service it will upload at 5000 units, or am I missing something??

As an aside, i would like to make a comment. I have been crunching for MURC for a couple of years now, and it was getting rather stale. This latest project has injected new life into the group.

Tom

Comment

I just started crunching on my laptop (only temporary) and stole the internet connection from my number 2 machine. When I started up again on number 2 machine it started crunching 5000 instead of 3000. Does it do this if it does not detect an internet connection maybe?

Tom

Comment

I did an experiment. I stole the internet conection from the laptop and re-connected my number 2 machine, after stopping the clients. I then restarted crunching on both machines and sure enough, 3000 on internet connected machine and 5000 on the disconnected laptop. Mystery solved.

Tom

Comment

Good work!!!

our own Sherlock Holmes!

Comment

Working...
                    X