#1K @ Rosetta@Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, we're in trouble: http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/ov...rah&team=11265

Currently says that team "Kiekert" will overtake us in 305.2 days, we can't let that happen! I mean, being overtaken by a team with a name like that??

Certainly a number of MURCers have cycles to spare for our team of (currently) six?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

He is crunching quite fast, RAC about 800 higher than ours... and apparently he is the only one ranked below us that is crunching faster than us...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

<Arnie>I'll be back!<\Arnie>

Comment

Let me add few more PCs tomorrow and bring back i5 laptop to work No one will stop us! No one!
          A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

I will certainly let you do that, Nicram

I know, Marshmallowman, but it'll be summer soon with you. I just thought it'd be nice to have an even larger group.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Stupid windows rebooted again just after I left work...
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Happens. R&H had some issues itself as well as it was unreachable most of yesterday. Anyway, this weekend we'll reach top 800!

Comment

Though reluctant, I'm going to put BOINC on my PC-DVR. Unfortunately, that will be the only computer, potentially, I'll have on during the X-MAS holiday week.
                  I turn almost everything off when I'm on holiday.

2 weeks before the offing happens.....maybe I get BOINC set up in a day or two on the DVR.

Comment

WHat do i need to do to make sure my cycles get to the team credit ?

Never mind looks like they made it painless. Found you guys.

Frank
                    Last edited by degrub; 1 December 2012, 17:59.

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                      A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

OK, we're in the top 800 now and Marshmallowman is back in full force.

Degrug, welcome indeed (but I can't see you yet with the team. Sure it went OK and with the right project ?)!

Comment

Hmmm, it seems my server has not been working at all for about a week now, maybe longer... Trying to get it to crunch again.

Dang, it seems it still hung on the v3.43 issue and aparantly I had reset the project just a few minutes to soon and forgot to check... That's at least 15K credits lost

Comment

Originally posted by SitFlyer View Post
                            Though reluctant, I'm going to put BOINC on my PC-DVR. Unfortunately, that will be the only computer, potentially, I'll have on during the X-MAS holiday week.
                            I turn almost everything off when I'm on holiday.

2 weeks before the offing happens.....maybe I get BOINC set up in a day or two on the DVR.
                            What is the reluctance? Why do it if you have reservations?

And what is the issue with your W2K machine? I think you might want to reset the project at that machine as well. It may than take 24 hrs before you get new work becuase your quotum is now 1 unit/day as it returns errors on all your units.

Comment

OK degrub, I see you know. Welcome! This is getting better and better. We may soon climb at 100 sport/week again (for a little while).

Comment

for some reason, the team membership did not "stick" until i set it again this morning and logged out then in again. 3 boxes running.

Frank

Comment

Working...
                                X