No announcement yet.

#1K @ Rosetta@Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, we're gonna have to start new thread when we reach rank 500, if we make it.

We went from 2000 to 800 in no time!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

And another 100 passed, #700 exactly now and #67 RAC.

Just those darned russkies in hot pursuit...
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

And my stupid windows rebooted... no crunching last night...
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

You might consider installing it as a service, then it'll run even prior to log-on. It can be done simply by checking the "run in protected mode" or something similar.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Problem is that Windows 7 shuts down after applying the updates. Which is a big problem for other things as well (I loose remote access possibility). But I've found a registry hack that should prevent it from happening in the future... Let's see...
            pixar

Comment

Ah, so it did not reboot but shut down then?

Comment

Yes, sorry for the confusion...
                pixar

Comment

2 Million Credits!

Well, it becomes harder to rise quickly. We're #544 now and it'll be about 3 weeks to get to #500. Degrub has been lost for a week now (Where art though?) but it seems it is getting colder in Australia as Marshmallowman is burning credits again. Nicram is going steady and will pass me eventually. The rest are doing their thing. An dthe result is:

WE PASSED 2 MILLION CREDITS!

Way to go, many thx!

Comment

It almost sounds like a battle report... Surely(*) you can do better:

-
                    Report January 23, 2013, 1300 Zulu
                    It becomes harder to advance quickly. Our next target is 3 weeks away, and the progress is much slower than we experienced thus far. We also have no intel on our enemy's and other new splinter groups that might emerge. To make things worse, we lost one of our true fine heroes in battle. He has been missing in action for over a week now. We do have the weather on our side: the winter in Australia is allowing one major force to resume action and join the ranks again. Nircam is doing perfect but I fear he is after my position. I just hope it does not turn in to a Brutus-type situation. All others are following orders and staying in line.
                    -

(*) Please don't call me Shirley.

(sorry, I sometimes have my imagination running wild...)
                    pixar

Comment

ROFLMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X