Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your body temp drop after taking a leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

body thermometer?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

errrr, yes... I don't think they'll stick a rectal thermometer in you when you have close to 41'C, and are cooled by ice

But I'm looking around on the net... strange thermometers btw...

Btw, maybe McRhea should take a closer look at the following thread... http://www.askjeeves.c om/main/askjeeves.asp?ask=Does+your+body+temperature+drop+ after+taking+a+leak%3F&origin=&site_name=Jeeves&me tasearch=yes&x=10&y=13

I like the "Does Your Nose Seal Leak" option Altavista gives

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 14 March 2000).]
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Iyeeeeeee!
        Cheggers,
        If the heat in your pee stayed in your body then your pee would have to come out at absoute zero!
        The heat in the pee leaves with the pee. Gee!
        chuck

ps Anything not to have to think about work for a while.
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

Got to love the scientifically approach they took with this.

Anyone of you good at chemistry ? ...cose I started the semester on the wrong foot

[This message has been edited by andrei (edited 14 March 2000).]

Comment

Wasn't Space7 doin Chemistry this semester?? What's keeping him (away) from this thread??
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

The act of micturition expels liquid from your body at core temperature. This liquid takes its heat with it when it leaves. This causes the body to become cooler. The act of micturition also involves the movement of muscles, but the heat generated by this in the short term is insufficient to offset the lost heat. The decrease in core temperature is detected by the hypothalamus and corrective mechanisms are put in place to correct this. Of course I did Physiology a long time ago so I may be missing a few details. Cheggers, enjoy Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and all that. Try to learn these basic sciences well, they'll help you when you start Pharmacology pathology, Medicine Surgery and O+G. Trust me on that.
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Enough with the mixing thing Jorden
                Ask Ant or Holly for the IPs [IP:Logged, "Only forum leaders (Administrator, Moderator) may perform this function.]

Comment

Ooooooooo Nooooooooo!
                  Not you too, Denty?

One more time. Heat does not equal Temperature!

Think of it this way....
                  If I sawed your body in half each side would loose the heat of the other. That does not mean that the temperature would go down in eather one. (untill later!)

chuck

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 15 March 2000).]

Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Sorry andrei, but why would I want to do that??

I just thought space7 was doing chemistry as well, but he's doing philosophy as it seems in the Yaaaaaahoooooooooo thread

Still, he could look at this in a philosophical way

Btw andrei, is chemistry the only subject you follow?

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 14 March 2000).]
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Oh, for heaven's sakes.... it wasn't that hard a question, you guys!!!

....Men....!

btw, Jord, I don't know what "utl" might be but I think UBB is looking for a different tag....

----------------
                      Holly

Comment

What has happened to my thread??? AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

LOL!! HAHAHA...... who would've thought that it would've come THIS far.... You guys can continue this... um... discussion, but start a new thread! Imagine what people will think when they come to this forum and see the subject with all the replies!! They'll think, "What the heck kinda weird site is this anyway??" Hehehe....
                        McRhea

Comment

Let's see now. Yes, heat is not equal to temperature, everybody knows that. The water lost does take its energy with it though doesn't it. I would think that that reduces the amount of energy in the body. Hmmm, now that I think of it there is also less mass for that less energy and since the pee is at body temperature there should be no reduction in temperature due to the loss of the urine so if anything there would be a (very small) rise in temperature due to work done by the muscles
                          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Down through the ages people will be telling the story of "McRhea's Threads".

How does it feel to be part of history?

chuck

OK Jorden (Whose name I can spell.)

Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Didn't we have a McRhea thread before?? I think Tim and I were in that as well, as far as I can remember, so this ought to be The McRhea Thread - II or something alike

Revenge of the Pee-ple

Jord.
                              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Since I NEVER go into the gaming forum I just about choked when I saw the name on this thread. Ohhhhh NOOOOOO!

ROTFLMAO

What ever happened to the pix you were gonna send kid???
                                Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
                                CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
                                Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Working...
                                X