Is there a cure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well ... now that I'm here ...

My name is ... <FONT SIZE=1> Go Maggi, go ... it's now or never ... your chance of a life time ... admit it ... let it out ... now<FONT SIZE=2>

I can't ... sniff ...

But I'll keep trying and a big thanks to Cancer for offering this oppurtunity !
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

hi my name is noel and im a hardware overclocking addict too. (and a rush fan)

its been about 1 month from my last oc project. (only becuase i looked at my c card statement and thought i spent how much, oh well oh im so bad that i know the ups drivers route and i go and find him when i know the stuff is on his truck on a given day. (tracking is so nice.)

my last project was the building of my main rig (hey can you overclock a router? i want to speed up my dsl even faster

[This message has been edited by merchant2112 (edited 09 May 2000).]
      msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
      it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Well lets see... Hmmm... let it out Mike,,, ehmmm Since 1979 I've been messing around with these things they call computers, and for the last 16 have OC'd them. The latest example was my cooling HORN (LOL, cheese!) for my Max. I'm completely surrounded with just about every OCers dream tool to be found and parts galore. It never fades, is always persistant, continous gotta have MORE effect!

Pauly, wait til you integerate the two! (no, not your wife) LOL
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe,

You're like the drug dealer who hangs outside the Narcotics Anonymous meetings looking for the easy score. We're all here trying to get better and there you are trying to exploit us in our moment of weakness. What we need right now is support, not another easy way out...

As for doing all that stuff to a new HD, luckily I'm not comfortable enough with soldering stuff to get too crazy...

I'm now considering replacing my perfectly good Katmai 550 with a Cu-mine so I can overclock more.

Cancer, you're just mean - announcing your system specs in a meeting of people who are always striving to outdo the Jonses. Why don't you work with Greebe and just hand out peltiers at the door as the rest of us sick bastards leave...
          PIII 550@605
          IWill Motherboard VD133
          VIA Chipset
          512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
          G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
          DirectX 8.0a
          SB Live! Value
          8x DVD (Toshiba)
          6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
          Intel Pro/100+ NIC
          3Com CMX Cable Modem
          Optiquest V95 19"
          HP 812C Color Ink Jet
          Microtek flatbed scanner
          Intellimouse Explorer
          Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
          AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

AAAAAAHH!!! Haven't upgraded in...2 months. Loosing...sanity...AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

Jammrock

------------------
            Athlon 650, Biostar board, 128 MB PC133 (Crucial), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, 10/100 NIC, lots of case fans, etc...
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Cancer,

You have quite a good point about condensation. However, thanks to the extreme climate I live in, during the winter, there is almost no humidity at all. (Due to the fact that it's so cold here that it freezes solid.) The only humidity that may cause a problem is the humidity of the house itself. If the computer case is sucking air from the outside (humidity free) into the case and them exhausting it into the room, the only place that I could see possibly having condensation form, is on the outside of the case. Now of course the case would basically have to be air tight to prevent the humid room air from entering the case, mixing with the cold air and causing condensation on the inside of the computer. I believe it can be done, but I think I might try it with my old computer first.

Of couse my other option is just to build a small cold room (just big enough for the computer case) that would just circulate air from the outside around the computer. This could easily be properly sealed so that no condensation would form. Hey, I think I like this idea!!!

Later guys, I have to get out to my condo!!!

Cmag

------------------
              Consequences smonsequences, as long as I’m rich

Comment

ahartman I must a apologise for my absent mindedness. It just didn't occur to me to not 'click' the Show Signature box. It didn't register, force of habit I guess when writing to the tech forums and not having to write out that bloody long list again and again.
                I don't believe I'll be joining Greebe any time soon back to ways of the dark side of the force (I also believe moderation is the key to everything, maybe even sex. Hell I even turned down my girlfriend for a bonk last night... Am I making progress or am I becoming a monk?).
                Talk about cruel and unusual punishment, I can just imagine some sadistic bugger posting ads on hardware or even a site for over clocking tips. Well at least it will give us a chance to vent all that pent up frustration (and you all know what I’m talking about boys & girls) on taking turns to flaming em'! Maybe we should have positive reinforcement class were everyone must take a piece of hardware from their main rig and take a hammer to it. It’s a bit blunt (excuse the pun) and I think my eyes are watering from the thought. Oh yeah, you won't be able to cop out on these demonstrations, no 16bit ISA soundcards, 15 year old keyboards, NVidia products (although that might be fun), software modems, old 3 or 5 inch floppy drives etc.
                If you are looking for this class its next to the self-flagellation class. Maybe the first piece of hardware we destroy is our graphics cards... what the hell am I saying, I’m gonna go over to my girlfriends house now and relinquish that monk title.
                Brett one last thing, SANITY MUST PREVAIL sometime, maybe after you finish your project...
                Cheers.

See no signature. I'm learning.

[This message has been edited by cancer (edited 09 May 2000).]
                Aopen HX08 full tower case, Asus P3V4X bios 1.04beta, P!!! FC-PGA 550e @770, Swiftech MC370-3 peltier cooler 256M PC133 Crucial 7E SDRAM, Matrox G400MAX bios 1.4 PDesk 5.52.015, Seagate 28.5G Ultra ATA66 7200rpm HD, Pioneer 103s DVD 6X/32X drive, SB AWE64 Gold ISA sound card, SMC pci ethernet adaptor, Castlewood Orb 2.2G media drive, Nortel 100 cable modem, Mitsubishi 1995 19in monitor, occasionally use dualhead for dvd on a Sony 80cm Wega TV, MS natural keyboard, MS Intellimouse Explorer,
                Win98SE 4.10.2222A, DX7a.

Comment

Go on Maggi you know you want too. Let it all out and remember denial is always the first step to overcome in any mental illness.
                  Cheers.
                  Aopen HX08 full tower case, Asus P3V4X bios 1.04beta, P!!! FC-PGA 550e @770, Swiftech MC370-3 peltier cooler 256M PC133 Crucial 7E SDRAM, Matrox G400MAX bios 1.4 PDesk 5.52.015, Seagate 28.5G Ultra ATA66 7200rpm HD, Pioneer 103s DVD 6X/32X drive, SB AWE64 Gold ISA sound card, SMC pci ethernet adaptor, Castlewood Orb 2.2G media drive, Nortel 100 cable modem, Mitsubishi 1995 19in monitor, occasionally use dualhead for dvd on a Sony 80cm Wega TV, MS natural keyboard, MS Intellimouse Explorer,

Comment

You know, it wasn't until I acually got out to my condo to try and figure out how to build this this thing, that I realized exactally how stupid this is getting. I think I need some help!!! I mean come on, 27 years old, and I'm designing my new house AROUND my computer. I think I've lost my mind.

Cmag

PS. You know i'm going to build it anyway right?

------------------

Comment

SCREW THAT! HOW ABOUT O/C'ING THE UPS MEN!!!

Dimitri
                      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

No your not Cmag!! I'm overclocking my air conditioner so my overclocked system runs cooler this summer. It's already in the low 90's way down south where I live. I bought this house because of the possibilities with the computer room. It has an outside door just 6 feet away from my system so if I really want to push the overclocking in winter I just roll my system over to the open door(on castors)and out on the back patio.

So Greebe what's this about overclocking Mrs. Darth...LOL
                        You guys thinks I should start with a pair of Golden Orbs or what??????????

Paul
                        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Gee Paul thanks, for a second there I thought I was losing it.

What do think of my possible condensation problems? I was thinking that a sealed cold area for the case was the way to go, but then it just occured to me, how the hell am i going to get access to the disk drives (CDROM, CD-R, etc.) Any thoughts?

Cmag

Realy, this thread doesn't seem to be helping my problem much does it?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cmag (edited 10 May 2000).]

Comment

As long as you have good air flow through your case the condensation shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Paul

------------------
                            P3-700E @ 868MHz, ABIT BE6, 256MB PC100, MILL G400 MAX-32MB on BNC,
                            Quantum3D Obsidian2 X-24 on D-sub,IBM Deskstars 18GB ATA/66 and 13.5GB ATA/66,
                            21"Trinitron,SCSI CDR/RW,SCSI ZIP,SB Live!Value,USR Voice Faxmodem Pro(USB Ext),
                            Epson 1520 printer,Umax1200S scanner,WN98 all in a Addtronics 7896A case
                            and a (Not so Messy Desk) ;-P

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Cmag you worrying about your drives?
                              Why don't you think about getting custom made 40pin ide cable (40pin 80wires for ata66) that’s nice and long. You split the wires (groups of 5 or 10 wires) and twist em and cover them with a small diameter flexible cable. Get an old 5 1/4 inch bay cover and cut a hole to fit your new ide cables, run the cable through & connect to MB. Seal the edges around the cable going through the 5inch bay cover. Make yourself a custom box for your assorted 5 & 3 inch drives (i think electrical hobby stores have these pre made). Done, all you need is to finish your cooling box to shove the case into & you drives are accessible. He he…DOH
                              Hang on what I’m I doing... not really helping. At least I’m being supportive...
                              Cheers.

Look, see still no signature. I'm learning.

Comment

cancer, that's the life of a BB. You gotta be a glutton for punishment to withstand it.
                                BTW "Luke", use the force!

Pauly, is that a swamp "gas" cooler?
                                I think Mrs. Darth has already seen your golden orbs! (well I'd hope so) LOL

Vent Maggi Vent
                                Ooooooooooooooommm Ooooooooooooooommm Ooooooooooooooommm
                                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X