Why do poeple with big cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do poeple with big cars?

Just come back from a nice trip to the Yorkshire coast in the UK. Of course it's harvest time and theres a lot of tractors about. So why do poeple with big cars and mercs like sitting behind tractors and make it difficult for buggers like me with smaller engines.
    A nice gap ( About a mile )where they can hit the gas and zip round this slow moving thing. But know they sit there they might as well drive the bloody tractor. All I can do is wait until there is a large gap (The road is Roman in parts I think so you can see a long way) and come from six cars back and hope they don't suddenly decide to pull out in front of you. If they do you can guarentee they'll go at one mile an hour faster than the tractor. At least this time they didn't and once I overtook they relised they could and followed through. But Jesus why spend money on a gas guzzling automobile if you're never going to go above 30 mph. Unless of course you're being overtaken by a small car and you have to put the foot down or pull across in front of them.
    Oh and why do they hog the overtaking lane on the motorway even though there not overtaking anything?
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I hear ya´ I drive behind one of those at least once a day.

Another thing i´d like to know, is: Why can´t women put on their bloody make-up before pulling their car out into rush-hour traffic. This morning I´m driving behind this woman who is constantly changing lanes to get ahead (without succeeding mind you), and every time i try to overtake her she cuts in front of me. All this while trying to put on her make-up, look after her little baby in the seat next to her, and eating breakfast!! And oh yeah.... windshield-wipers going all the time, and the sun was shining.

Am I pissed.... I think so. These things can completely ruin my intire morning, so maybe I should just start beeing 2 hours late every day.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

I wish they would legalize front mount missle launchers on cars.

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Joel, I once heard of a guy who had those headlight washer nozzles on his car. He turned them around to point forward, and when someone pissed him off, he'd squirt stuff all over their back window. It would also work well for stupid pedestrians. Not as much fun as missle launchers, but probably a little more legal.

--
        Andrew
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Get one of these and the problem is solved.

------------------
          If you can't beat 'em, kill 'em with Kindness

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

One of these would work too... Hehehe

This pic is pretty cool... can't wait to get one of these things.

(EDIT) I guess I got carried away, LOL)

[This message has been edited by McRhea (edited 01 September 2000).]
            McRhea

Comment

Doesn't stop the women in the reliant robin (Old 3 wheel car) from trying to overtake them.
              It's amazing women don't have more accidents when driving there kids around. I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen them driving and looking at the kid in the rear.
              The other drivers I hate are bus drivers I'll just go through that red light sonny tough shit if you're coming through. The next lot are Lorry drivers Ugh the lorry in front of me is going 0.005 mph slower than me Ugh I'll slap my indicator on and try to overtake him. Ugh I'm on a hill I'll still try to overtake him. Ugh why is there a ten mile tailback behind me.
              The trouble with a missile launcher is that you may get a bit debress stuck in your bonnet. We need something vapourize them.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I was gonna say that the problem with missle launchers is that we'd run out of rockets.
                I know I would. Heh heh heh.

Or you could do what my girlfriend did. She got a truck horn, replaced the regular horn, and adjusted her high beams to point right through the back window. Sure, all that is illegal, but the cops in Korea take bribes VERY easily. The cops there came to know me on a first name bases... and I think I paid them enough to put their damn kids through college. LOL
                McRhea

Comment

Somebody want to start a rant on using cellular phones while driving, or do I have to?

Missle bait

Comment

What about people who sit right up yer arse when your stuck behind someone. You can't go any faster so why do they think they can! It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't riding a sports bike and they had any chance of keeping up with me if the road was clear
                    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

The worst part of that situation is that the idiots don't realize how they'd run over you if the car in front slams its brakes, or you simply wipe-out. There is such a thing as a safe following distance. Yes, I do tailgate slowpokes in traffic. But not motorcycle riders- I've seen a few people wipeout, as well as a very gory photographic display for my unit's last safety brief of what can happen to the riders. (maybe worst case scenario- but those were real photos, and I lost my appetite for a while after seeing them!)

------------------
                      Ace
                      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                      Gainward Ti4600
                      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Somebody want to start a rant on using cellular phones while driving

OK. Q: What is more dangerous than a drunk driver?
                        A: A sorority girl talking on her cellphone while driving!

I live in a relatively small college town, and these girls scare the begesus out of me. I'm almost afraid to pass them because I think that I am safer behind them than in front of them.

Comment

The good taist award goes to Kindness!
                          Did you know you could buy a new one of those for $7000 when I was in High School.
                          chuck

PS If it's a 427 you have to remove a head to replace the battery in the original.
                          Also, they forgot to put a heater in the first one they sold because they thought of it as a race car;
                          The buyer came back to the factory and made them install one.
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

7 thousand was a lot more money at that time too, though, hehe.

------------------
                            Ace
                            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                            Gainward Ti4600
                            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Anyone using a mobile phone when driving should be banned instantly.
                              I think many Lorry/coach drivers don't realise how long it takes to stop a wagon. If a lorry tailgates me I just slow down and keep on slowing down until the bulb lights in there brain and they back off. If they try to overtake I just speed up again. Normally since I don't hang around this situ happens when theres either road works or theres been another accident.
                              Oh yes another hate. Milk Floats! why do they always double park when theres a perfectly good parking place one car ahead of them.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X