A new virus warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gurm,

Not to burst your bubble, but with MS:s newer email programs, you can catch a virus, even from an email with no attachments in it (you want me to send you one )

One of that type (although quite harmless) was making circles at the RT2K users mailing list, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I browsed through the code, what MS allowed to be run within the message code.

Comment

Pertti,

Try adding Norton Antivirus 2000 (or higher) and PGP 6.5.x to your e-mail inbox. Fixes those nagging "stuff runs in the background" issues. Honest.

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Wasn´t a patch released for Outlook express that fixed that issue?

Comment

I don't have to add any resource eating and buggy antivirus programs to scan the message code as the MS Internet Mail couldn't care less

The patch already existed at the time of the incident at the RT2K user list, but even sys admins with all the conceivable letters next to their names claimed with straight faces that their systems were not infected.
          A polite request to have them look at the code of the message they had sent silenced some for a long time, and others started endless accusations towards Matrox and other users to cover up their own mistakes

Comment

Working...
          X