A few of my favorite European things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I used to love the Thunderbirds.

Alec, I can't tell if you think Americans should become more acquainted with European women or European art and culture. If it's the latter, then you shouldn't worry. I think we have the European culture thing covered--almost to the expense of our own. If it's the former, well, you'll just have to send more of your women over here.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

The Kinks

people from the smoke...

english oval fags

Comment

To respond to Joel (who started this thread):

Interesting thread this, "A few of my favorite European things", seems the "things" you mention here are all British. Thank F*** for the channel, the French smell (Sorry, it's genetically programmed). Bloody Europe indeed!

Benny Hill – Never was funny, never will be.
        James Herriot – Fantastic stuff, very funny
        JRR Tolkien – Nuff said
        The Beatles – Overrated.

BTW Blake's 7 was the coolest thing on TV, when I was 12 at least, it looks a bit sad now. But I must admit that I have a soft spot for that particular show.

--
        Chris Blake

I never took life too seriously, neither should you.

[This message has been edited by Chris Blake (edited 11 October 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Chris Blake (edited 11 October 2000).]
        Chris Blake

Comment

I almost got into arts administration when I got out of college. McDonald's probably pays better.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

No, Paul, actually it was a joke, I was looking for a "good" picture of a european girl when I stumbled across that painting, which I believe it´s called "The European Woman", or something of the sort.

Every citizen of the world should be given the opportunity to visit other cultures and learn from them. Universality is too much of a good thing for us to waste. I have a friend that´s in New York right now, probably in an Art Gallery (or maybe at McDonald´s???) , and I wish I was there with him. Oh well, maybe next year...

Comment

How come no-one have mentioned:
              -Lamboghini
              -Ferrari
              -Venturi
              -Porsche
              -Lotus
              -Aston Martin

Guess you guys aren´t really into cars (or maybe I just didn´t read this thread thoroughly enough?)

and my favorite thing of all.... we are allowed to say naghty words on TV! (well at least in Denmark we are, I don´t know ´bout the rest of europe)

------------------
              Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out.
              If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

- Marco Pantani

Comment

Lara, you almost killed this thread with that sport that I love... not!

Let´s bring it up again: (oops, Benny Hill impression)

[This message has been edited by Alec (edited 12 October 2000).]

Comment

Yeah, quite the dynamic duo.

Let's see:
                    Italian food
                    Topless women
                    Booze
                    Some bands

Not really all that familiar with Europe.

Comment

Working...
                    X