Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rags,

Sounds like our city council.

We have parliment on TV up here, of course, it's a lot less dramatic and sensational than what you get in the US. More PBS than HBO.

Comment

Yeah, I have sat in on our city council meetings here, and they can get pretty rough as well. I was always told while growing up that the older one gets the more mature one will become. I don't believe this is so for everyone, politicians in particular (world wide).

Oh, Himself, did you see that Ontario is trying to ban Eminem from coming and playing there. They are even going so far as to saying that his show will violate hate laws, and are trying to stop him at the border. Wow. I didn't know that Canada was into censorship that hard. What do you think about that?

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 26 October 2000).]

Comment

Hey LAMFDTK,

you forgot one major ...

BLACK KNIGHT (hopping on the ground without arms and legs): I'll spit in your eye and blind you !
        The rest of this thread is way too political and personal for me, so I'd rather stay out this discussion.

Cheers,
        Maggi
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
        LG BH10LS38
        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I noticed that no-one commented on the appathetic attitude of most voters toward politicians.

As for that Diana shite..It is your TV that goes on about it..it is the US media that is obsessed with her..I can't remember the last time a programme over here mentioned her..as for Charles..Nuff said I think..that is what inbreeding does for you!! You fancy a horse!! YUK

If the world respects America..why do 90% of the terrorists consider Americans fair game?? Even US based terrorists target Americans (Oklahoma City)

I'm not saying that the US doesn't help the world..of course it does..but perhaps it should step back for a few years..put it's own house in order and then dictate to others. I think we here should do the same. Personally I don't care if some bunch of illiterate ragheads in the middle east want to kill each other. Both UK and The US produce enough oil to meet their needs..they just export 90% of it!!!

Lets face facts..If countries in Africa choose to massacre each other..Is that our business? Actually No it is not..and I think you will find that most people in the industrialised world would agree. Why should any nation ask it's soldiers to fight a war on behalf of someone else..The US should have learnt from Vietnam. The soldiers did OK..it was the Politicians and The US public that sold them out.

I won't go into Northern Ireland here cos if the Yanks who gave maney to NtN Irish terroe groups hadn't, then several thousand people on both sides would still be alive. As I served in the British Army I know people who served there, and two who died there..

Personally I would stand all terrorists in ULster up against a wall and shoot them. I don't care if they are Catholics or Protestants..they are all murdering scum that have up their right to life.

BTW..America has the biggest economy at the moment for a single nation, and the largest military outside of the third world and China, however that situation will change when, not if, Europe finally unites as one nation.

The economy of the 15 member states at the moment is about 5 times that of the US, with a potential military forc about 8 times the size..once all the problems are resolved and there is some serious coordination here Europe will unite.

The US economy in 1997 had a GNP of 6.7 Trillion Dollars..The 15 members of the then EU had a GNP of 29.2 Trillion Dollars.

In Europe there are 31 Million military personal across the 15 states..I just wish they were coordinated into one cohesive force!!!

What will the US do when this happens..It won't be THE SUPERPOWER anymore??

------------------
          PIII800@920MHz
          Abit Be6-IIV2.0
          256MB Crucial PC133 Cas2-2-2
          4 of Seagate 20.2GB UDMA100 7200rpm 2MB HDD
          2 of Maxtor 15.3GB UDMA100 7200rpm 2MB HDD
          Hercules ProphetII GTS 64MB
          Turtle Beach MontegoII Sound
          Promise Ultra 100 UDMA Controller Card
          Hitachi 12X DVD[40X CDROM]
          Acer 52X CDROM
          HP 9250i CDRW
          Zip 250 Internal Drive
          Elsa Video Capture Card

Support Seti@home, Support Science..support The Dataquest Trust
          PIII800@920MHz
          Abit Be6-IIV2.0
          Acer 52X CDROM
          HP 9250i CDRW
          Zip 250 Internal Drive
          Elsa Video Capture Card

Comment

ETHunter,

You failed to address a vital issue. We know lots of people died, for various reasons, in Ireland. What we want to know is why y'all can't just GET THE HELL OUT?

Just curious.

- Gurm

P.S. I also noticed that about Eminem. Who was it that was on here a week or two back saying how Canada doesn't censor like the US?

The worst part is that as of an hour ago, Canada _couldn't_ block Eminem because their hate crime laws don't include hate crimes against women.

Now THAT's a laugh riot. It's wrong to incite people to lynch blacks, gays, hispanics, and those who speak french (well, SOMETIMES it's ok for the french-speakers, depends on which province you're in). But women... that's ok. String 'em up!

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.

[This message has been edited by Gurm (edited 26 October 2000).]
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I may not necessarilly agree with the Army's presense in Ulster..but listen Yank..keep your fecking money in your pocket and out of the hands of terrorists..When you've picked up dead children..dead because a cowardly piece of scum left a 1000pound fertiliser bomb in a public place and blew the shit out of a town centre..or because they fired automatic weapons into homes to kill fathers, brothers, cousins etc..the only reason being..their religoin.

You morons who support those wankers think its all about politics and religion..GROW UP..it's about DRUGS, EXTORTION and all forms of organised crime.

When you muppets understand Ulster, then perhaps you can comment

By the way..I'm Catholic by birth, but I would still cap a terrorist of either side regardless.

As for us giving our "dollars" in foriegn aid..actually you might like to know that that the EC gives more Forieng aid to third world countries than all the rest of the industrialised world combined..and that is a FACT issued by the UN.

I have lived in the US for 5 years...and I'm pleased to say that most Americans are not typical of those we experience as tourists in Europe..most do not think the US has a right to tell the world how to live.....which it most certainly does not..nor does any other nation. The UK is as guilty of this as the uS..perhaps if our politicians kept their noses out of other countries business..regardless of how much we disagree with them..things like Ulster and the middle East problems could be hopefully avoided or at least minimised.

------------------
              PIII800@920MHz
              Abit Be6-IIV2.0
              Acer 52X CDROM
              HP 9250i CDRW
              Zip 250 Internal Drive
              Elsa Video Capture Card

PIII800@920MHz
              Abit Be6-IIV2.0
              Acer 52X CDROM
              HP 9250i CDRW
              Zip 250 Internal Drive
              Elsa Video Capture Card

Comment

Listen here Mr. Brit Holier than thou, the reason you don't see Diana's pics all over television is because the gov't doesn't pass them through screening. It's your own censorship laws at work for you. They don't want you to know what loons you have upstairs. And if you bothered to look at other threads, instead of attacking us, you would have seen that we couldn't agree more that we should stay out of other areas of the world for the most part.

Corruption? Go clean up your own backyard before you come in here blasting us "yanks" for our gov't being corrupted. You don't even want to get me started there. Almost every gov't in the world has corruption.

Rags

Comment

Almost, Rags?
                  [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                  Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                  Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                  Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                  Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

"What will the US do when this happens..It won't be THE SUPERPOWER anymore??"

Step back and let y'all be the world's policemen for a while. Let y'all spend a big portion of your tax dollars on foriegn welfare. And finally, pull our military out of your borders and let y'all take care of yourselves for a change.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Actually Rags there is VERY LITTLE censorship by the Goverment of the press in this country..that is not to say they don't try mind..but they often fail in court.

Outside of the US we must have the freeist press in the world..there are NO privacy laws, NO real chance of sueing anyone for things said in public..unless you have more money than sense already...

I don't know where you get the idea that our press is controlled by the Gov !! I wish it was..then half of the looney shit that appears on the TV might be buggered off back where it came from..(Especially all those mind numbing soap operas!!! AAAAHHHHH)

You started going on about corruption..don't think I mentioned that mate..although I fully agree that ALL politicians in ALL countries are as bent as corkscrews..they are by far the biggest crooks in the world.

I'll end this by telling you why successive English governments have failed to pull troops out of Nthn Irleland....Firstly cos they are Fecking stupid arrogant arseholes who don't care who lives and dies over there, but secondly..an actually most importantly..When the Army were deployed onto the streets over there in 1968/69 they were put there for one simple reason..To protect a section of the community that was under fire from the other side..those being protected were the CATHOLICS!!! Yep..if you look up the facts you will see the army went there to protect the Catholic communities from the scum in the protestant terror gangs who were raping, murdering and beating catholics for no other reason than their religion.

The IRA then decided to Shoot their protectors!!!

If you visit Eire (Southern Ireland) you will find attitude their very appathetic to the problems in the North.

All the politicians over there are STUPID..they could find a settlement if they stopped being areholes for five minutes.

I for one would love to see the troops return to barracks and peace to Ulster..which is a beautiful country with some really great people..on both sides..

------------------
                      PIII800@920MHz
                      Abit Be6-IIV2.0
                      Acer 52X CDROM
                      HP 9250i CDRW
                      Zip 250 Internal Drive
                      Elsa Video Capture Card

PIII800@920MHz
                      Abit Be6-IIV2.0
                      Acer 52X CDROM
                      HP 9250i CDRW
                      Zip 250 Internal Drive
                      Elsa Video Capture Card

Comment

Working...
                      X