Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone here superstitious of a lunar eclipse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gurm,
    The asteroid belt wouldn't contribute because it's mass is evenly distributed around its orbit, and it is much farther from the sun than the earth is so it could almost be considered to orbit the earth as well as the sun.
    However Charon (sp?) the "moon" of Puto could be considered a 10th planet.....
    So, there you go, ten planets.
    chuck

PS Planet "Asteroid" may never have completely formed.

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Here is a snap taken at 7:00 GMT

sorry the web cam doesn't like low light levels...well i bothered to take it so i thought i should post it
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Here is a snap taken at 7:00 GMT
        What snap? I've used Mozilla 0.6, NS4.76 and IE5 to catch a glimp, but... no

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I had the same idea, but even grander! To take "time-lapse" every 15 mins and create an anim or something - but after seeing the first pic I gave up! Just a 'little' small

Paul.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I had the same idea, but a little grander - to create a time lapse anim of it. I'll post the first pic and you'll see why I didn't

Paul.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I know the asteroid belt is more evenly distributed.

But planets aligning or not aligning doesn't make a lick of difference on the earth. Even if you subscribe to the theory that the moon causes strange behavior, its gravitational pull is hundreds or thousands (I'm tired and refuse to do the math) than the combined gravitational pull of all the other planets combined. And even the moon just makes people bark like dogs. No earthquakes, tidal waves, or massive volcanic eruptions.

- Gurm

------------------
              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
              X