No announcement yet.

how to set FSAA with G800?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, think of it as a way to keep your alphabetization skills sharp... after all, isn't that an important part of preserving language...? (making sure peeps LOL can spell wright??) But really, who else could we trust (since we can't get Paul Merton, for all you UK "Room 101" fans)?

All right, I'm going now, getting silly, though Heaven knows this thread needs it...

Comment

Yeah, nothing quite like dogging on people for their use of a language. That definitely belongs in The Crapper.

Or was that an attempt at a joke? Maybe I missed something.

May be Ize could lern two reed and rite better if Ize had been lerned in mary ole ingland?

b
      Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Nah, we only rag on people for their use of language when it's indicative of a larger problem. Or when we really feel like it.

(Reminds me of a quote from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I would butcher if I attempted to quote it from memory, but trust me it's funny.)

I am just utterly dismayed by the regular misuse of the English language, and even more dismayed that such misuses make it into acceptance! Urk!

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

I write the rites that right my wrongs, huh Jason?

For Wimpie & others out there...
          Whatever language people may be writing here, they:[list=a][*] May not be living in England or the UK.[*] May not have had much English class (if A.)[*] May not have had many English lessons.[*] Are just starting on the internet, and find it's not their Gnurrtsjenutsch language they are used to at home.[*] It's just annoying to write in Finnish, but the same goes for German, French or even Dutch If you didn't get it in school, you don't know what the heck we're saying [*] Abbreviations ... Even I sometimes wonder what you mean even in Dutch [*] Web-related abbreviations? l33t took us a long time already, so quit that, will you?[*] You'll think of something more [/list=a]

Could just be me again though

Jord.

------------------
          This cat, is cat, a cat, very cat, good cat, way cat, to cat, keep cat, a cat, fool cat, like cat, you cat, busy cat! Now read the previous sentence without the word cat...
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Without getting into an argument of what is proper and improper in the English language, suffice it to say that your use of English is just as much a bastardized form as anybody else's use is.

Languages have not remained unchanged throughout the years. What you consider acceptable today has not always been considered acceptable by the speakers of the language.

b

Edit: Left some words out, and left some other words in. Oops.

[This message has been edited by spoogenet (edited 07 February 2001).]

[This message has been edited by spoogenet (edited 07 February 2001).]
            Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Ah yes, but then I'm not advocating a language with zero evolution. I'm advocating a language where the evolution isn't dictated by the lowest common denominator.

Yo, peepz! I'z cummin down to da diggity dank hoppin yo.

- Gurm

------------------
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

strange, I always thought peeps to be non-american slang.

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Ain't that oh so true Gurm!
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Note - the word "ain't" (and I use the term 'word' EXTREMELY loosely) has never appeared in one of my posts. Or at least not that I can remember. Ok, it might have when I was REALLY drunk. But I doubt it.

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

There's nothing wrong with "ain't" except that people rarely use the word correctly.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Working...
                        X