• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAARRRGGGHHHH I NEED FAST INTERNET!!

I HATE USING A MODEM!!!!!

My Cable Modem's down at the moment... here's why:

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Dear blueyonder customers:

In the early hours of Friday morning our network centre in Basildon was broken into and important equipment was stolen.

This equipment supported our high speed internet and interactive element of our digital television service in the South East region.

We will be working through the weekend and bringing in equipment from other areas to restore service as soon as possible which we expect will take approximately 48 hours.

We apologise for this inconvenience, and appreciate how frustrating loss of service is. Please bear with us in these exceptional circumstances as we focus our efforts on restoring service.

Thank you for your patience.

The team at blueyonder

</font>
    ------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

It is a nice letter

Comment

I wonder why they thank you for the patience you don´t have.

Comment

Remember GTA2?

"...patience, patience, I DON'T HAVE... PATIENCE!"

------------------
        'One day, I'm going to be back on form again and you're going to be very sorry you said that. For a very long time. I might even go so far as to make even more Time just for you to be sorry in.'
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
          “In the early hours of Friday morning our network centre in Basildon was broken into. 23 servers were stolen and other important equipment was vandalised.

“This equipment ran our high speed Internet and the interactive element of our digital television service in the in south-east region.

“We will be working through the weekend and bringing in equipment from other areas to restore service as soon as possible which we expect will take approximately 48 hours.

“We apologise for this inconvenience, and appreciate how frustrating loss of service is.”
          </font>
          23 Servers?!? That's gotta hurt!

I wonder what redundancy they have? (I think NONE) and it's like the UK's biggest cable operator...

------------------
          Cheers,
          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Tomorrow a compatitor of your ISP announces that they now have 24 server, instead of 1, to ensure high-bandwidth internet
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

I had to suffer with a modem for a day or so two days back. I came home to find my DSL router a mess. No net access and I could not connect to the router to do anything. Eventually reset the router and reconfigured it (With a lot of guessing, didn't even know what most of the settings did).

Haha, look what I got after posting:
              Could not connect to server.

The server does not respond appropriately.. it may not be an SMTP server.

Server Error: ""

[This message has been edited by Liquid Snake (edited 16 February 2001).]

Comment

Maybe blueyonder have their back up network centre in Bagdad ?

btw why Bushes boms iraq ? They come from Texas and people who have been financing their campaign are from Texas too. And why
                those people are rich, they are oilers and it is not bad if oil prices go up ? right ?
                Looks like a deal.
                clatto verata nectKRHMM...

Comment

Working...
                X