Are you satisfied with Matrox ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you satisfied with Matrox ?

After waiting for so long for Matrox next-gen card, how happy are you with the outcome and with Matrox in General ?
    Matrox is doing so much more than expected, they're great !
    0%
    Matrox are doing just fine. I'm happy with them.
    0%
    Matrox is ok, not better and not worse than the rest.
    0%
    I'm somewhat dissatisfied with Matrox, they could do better.
    0%
    I'm very disapointed with Matrox.
    0%
    I hate them, I wish they'd go bankrupt !
    0%

The poll is expired.

This forum is for technical discussions, not opinion polls on how Matrox runs their company.

Relocated to The Soap Box forum.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

... somewhat dissatisfied but still hoping Matrox will show that they can do better!

Comment

After waiting for so long for Matrox next-gen card, how happy are you with the outcome and with Matrox in General ?
        When did Matrox release a next-gen card?? Did I miss something??

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Release? Or do you mean announce?

Comment

That too.

Joel
            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Well, so far 30% are happy with Matrox
              10% are indifferent and 60% are disapointed with Matrox.
              Interesting to know what Matrox thinks about 60% of it's potential retail market.

Comment

Retail... that's the key. Matrox is going to go out of the retail business and focus totatly on OEM stuff. Before long they'll change their name to something like Matrox Industrial Electronics Manufacturing Co. Ltd. and make the extra extra cheap 2nd rate OEM stuff you find in the really wierd brands of pre-made computers.

Well, so far 30% are happy with Matrox
                10% are indifferent and 60% are disapointed with Matrox.
                Interesting to know what Matrox thinks about 60% of it's potential retail market.

Comment

when will the whining STOP?!

I admit that M is not winning gamers out there......but it doesn't live by gaming alone.........my G450 does the games I own now, and if I REALLY need a speed boost I'll steal the kids' VooDoo2 and SLI the pair

Patience is a virtue peeps, M WILL release something eventually that will appease the speed freaks but we all know the G550 isnt it.....so why dwell on it?

-pickled
                  Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Yeah, Joel beat me to it, what "next-gen" card??

amish
                    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Re: when will the whining STOP?!

Originally posted by Dilitante1 Patience is a virtue peeps, M WILL release something eventually that will appease the speed freaks but we all know the G550 isnt it.....so why dwell on it?
                      -pickled [/B]
                      I think I heard it many months ago, what did we get since then ? G450 and G550.

If you check the G550 review on AcesHardware, the matrox cards have a too low clock speed so while they have the best 2D quality , their performance lacks compared with an nvidia MX400 card.

DualHead is cool, very very cool. 2D quality is too. But that alone won't hold Matrox in the game for much longer. In a little time ATi will give the same features on their Radeon chips and then what ? Will Matrox only selling point will be the (propably upcoming) G400 MMS ?

At least they were honest with themselves and made the RT2500 accept any graphic card you have cause most people would like something stronger than a G400 for their 3D animations.

Comment

Re: Re: when will the whining STOP?!

Originally posted by Dogbert
                        At least they were honest with themselves and made the RT2500 accept any graphic card you have cause most people would like something stronger than a G400 for their 3D animations.
                        Did you know that RT2500 still has a G400 on board?? It's just that this is not used as a display, it's used to do the 3D real-time video rendering stuff.

Comment

Of cource they will release a next-gen card.....
                          They have been in the buisnies for 25 years!!

Comment

Working...
                          X