I can't believe I did it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe I did it....

Well I don't know how many of you read Anandtechs forums but they had a posting about how you can get a ATI Radeon 8500 for a whole $200 bucks! For you that are interested this is what you have to do:

goto dell's website
    goto Software and Peripherals
    Select Small Business
    Search for either ATI or Radeon 8500

Select it and you get 20% off which equals to just about $50 bucks off. I had to pay $12 bucks in taxes but I got next day shipping for Free! The two biggest problems are that it runs out today and you can only get it if your in the USA. I got an estmated ship date of the 9th of October.

The best/worst thing that could happen is that Matrox will say something next week about the next gen card coming out. I still plan on getting that card, no questions asked. I just get rid of the Radeon 8500 on ebay or something and recover at least 3/4 of the cost of the card.

I'll do some benchmarking when I get the card also for those interested....

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Lucky You...

The DV version would've been ever nicer though.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

Q2: What are the available configurations for RADEON™ 8500 graphics board?

A2:
      There is one configuration available: RADEON™ 8500, 64MB DDR memory with VGA, DVI and TV output.

This is from the ATI FAQ Page on the Radeon 7500/8500..

Anyway what good is DVI output for? Is it just for Flatscreen (LCD)displays?

Scott
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

DVI is for LCD digitally connected flatscreens
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
          Anyway what good is DVI output for? Is it just for Flatscreen (LCD)displays?
          Up to now, yes. But I'm sure we will see CRTs with DVI as well in the nearer future.
          DVI is a digital interface thus avoiding the need for the (digital) video-data to be converted to analog on the video-card with their (sometimes crappy) DAC. However if the display is not digital as well, the CRT will have to have it's own DAC onboard. Lets' just hope NVidia doesn't start to produce monitors...
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
          X