@Home allowed to go dark tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*cough*HPW*cough*
    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I'm still connected email and all..

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I have been seeing where AT&T were supposedly setting up a free dial up connection for those of us that are without the internet. I can't find any info on it on line so I decided to call. After waiting for what seemed like forever they gave me this address for info:

It is a press release and here is a quote from it:

In cases where the temporary outage is a bit longer, customers will receive free dial-up service from AT&T Broadband until they are restored to a high-speed network.
        Hmmm. I went to their online support, not willing to wait on hold that long again and the online rep told me that there was no such thing available.

What's the deal?

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

WOOT!

I am a LPB again. I got up this morning and it was all back on. Woo hoo!

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Mine was toast as of Saturday morning. I got a phone message from AT&T saying that I'll get 2 free days for every 1 day I'm off-line. 3 days later, no resolution.

amish
            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

I got the same thing as Amish.
              Disconnected Saturday morning, with the recorded phone call later in the day saying they would call again later in the week with more info on when I will be reconnected..
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The phone company up here still has to resolve my DSL Issue... I got sync for about 2 hours after lunch sometime.. then It disappeared again after 4 or so.

I have checked every line in my apartment and they look the same.

My guess is either someone decided to add their own extra phone line in another apartment screwing up the lines or the box located outside the apartment buildings where all three are located is having some issues with the colder, wetter temperatures.

My phone and misc phone type items all work still so I don't know what it can be...

So far the company is supposed to look at it today sometime and come up with a fix.

Being without HS is annoying after almost a full years worth of excellent service.

And there is news that they are switching from a crappy single or dual T1 main line to fibre from the phone companies local branch to the main trunk in the nearest big city so with any luck my bandwidth will return to some of its former glory. (Went from 810KBits to ~400 over the past few months...) Thats what oversubscribing will do to you... and that ~400 is a maximum until after 1 or 2 in the morning then it comes back to near its former speed.)
                AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Update: All Bay Area customer should be back up and running by tomorrow. My cable link light was out all weekend but when I got up this morning it was on. I still didn't have internet access but at least it was on again. Hopefully I will be back up tomorrow(crosses fingers). btw, same thing happened to me that happened to Kruzin.

Dave
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I'm still down. The hotline says "within 5 days". Only internet access is from work.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah! I'm back online

Dave
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Shit!!! I'm still up!!! Or, does that mean I still have to go down for a switch.

This is truely the Land of mañana.....LOL

Or, they think New Mexico is a foreign Country and don't want to mess up relations with NAFTA and all...ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Paul
                        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

ALPBM,

Who is your cable provider? It's obviously not AT&T or you have gone down You probably have comcast or Cox communications.

I'm actually somewhat irritated as I just found out that I went from a 6Mb download with @home to 1.5Mb download with AT&T. I hope my upload is still 128k or higher.

Dave

Comment

I'm getting more irritated the more I use AT&T. DNS hasn't fully trickled through yet so I can only access about 1/4 of all websites I try. Glad this is one of them Also, my email and news reader doesn't work yet and to top it off, I can't even access there stupid help pages! lol, Anybody want to bet that they will raise the prices within 3 months. Glad my company is paying for it. I'm still gonna bitch and complain about the subpar speed compared to @home.

Dave

Comment

Got this from Comcast tonight

Well I haven't had any problems..yet with @home crapping out on me...

Dear Comcast @Home Customer,

I am pleased to announce that Comcast has reached an agreement with Excite@Home, pending approval from the Bankruptcy Court, that provides you with uninterrupted high-speed Internet service. Comcast’s first priority is to provide you with reliable and high-quality service. This agreement also will ensure a smooth transition from your current service to an improved, all-Comcast managed Internet service in the weeks ahead.

Comcast High-Speed Internet will provide you with the high-speed, always-on connection you’ve come to enjoy. This new Comcast service also will offer improved reliability, customer support and features, such as “e-mail from anywhere” with web-based e-mail and an innovative storage solution for MP3s and photos.

We will provide you with notification and instructions on how to convert your account to Comcast High-Speed Internet before we introduce service in your area. In addition, Comcast will continue to provide you with regular updates on our toll-free hotline at 1-888-433-6963 and on our website at http://www.comcastonline.com/info.htm.

Having this agreement in place is an important piece to ensuring a smooth transition to Comcast High-Speed Internet. We appreciate your loyalty as a customer and apologize for any inconvenience you have been caused in the last week. We will continue to aggressively strive to provide you the best high-speed Internet service and support possible. Thank you for choosing Comcast.

Sincerely,

David Juliano
                              Senior Vice President, Comcast Online Communications

The big question remains to be seen is how much will my rates go up...coming from a cable company that charges close to $50 bucks a month just for basic cable without pay channels

Scott
                              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Well I haven't had any problems..yet with @home crapping out on me...
                                I have Comcast also.

coming from a cable company that charges close to $50 bucks a month just for basic cable without pay channels
                                Wow!! Down here in TN I only pay $12.34/month for basic cable service for the TV and $29.99/month for cable internet access (own my own cable modem). I do though still wonder about a rate increase myself.

Joel
                                Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                                X